FS Alfetta Sedan racecar, Falcon Ute, Trailer package - All SOLD

Started by Bear157, February 27, 2013, 10:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear157

Unfortuantely, due to the lack of a cashflow and ability, I have decided to part with my lovely little Alfetta sedan race car that I have spent the last couple of years getting into shape. It has been an enjoyable time, having taken out Rookie of the year and 2nd in Sprints in my first full year of competition, the car has proven that it has enormous potential. I have recently just done an engine / trans transplant, and whilst I know it is going to be quite quick in the hands of someone who can tweak it right, I don't feel that I have the skills myself...or at hand.

Details are as follows:

1979 Alfa Romeo Alfetta Sedan Racecar
Body work:
Very straight car; Large amounts of excess sheet metal has been removed to lighten car; Car is painted in base white for ease of painting should repair be needed; Boot space has been separated from main cab using light gauge steel sheeting; 6 point roll cage (welded at floor) from Bond Roll Cages (Passenger side intrusion as well); Acrylic windows, except front windscreen; Front windscreen wiper (single) light weight from Ford Laser (Rear);    Driver's side RPM net; 2 race mirrors (adjustable via Allen Key); RPM Steering wheel; 6 Pin Battery Isolation Switch with pull cable to external (wiper port); Fire Extinguisher; Cobra Monaco Pro (Red);    Willians 6 Point Race Harness; Exterior & Interior very clean and tidy; Custom Alfa Romeo Windscreen decal;

Engine /Trans:
2 Litre DOHC Alfa Romeo Engine (believe to have just blown head gasket – New head gasket comes with car); Crane electronic ignition; Twin fans; Oversized inlet Valves; High Compression pistons; High Lift Cams; Twin 45mm Weber Carbs (just refurbished and re-kitted) with trumpets, new Pipercross sox, Alfaholics extended mounts, Alfaholics braided lines. All of this has been only used for about 10 laps since new/refurbish; Twin Spark 5 speed Transmission with close ratio gear set, 4.3 final drive and limited slip diff

Suspension:
29mm Torsion Bars; 22mm Front Sway Bar; 24mm PACE Rear Sway Bar; Koni Yellow Shocks re-valved to match spring rates; King rear springs; New sway bar bushes (from PACE Engineering)

Wheels/Tyres:
15x7 Bathurst Globe Alloy mags which give a wide look; Khumo V70A Semi-Slick tyres (a few meets left); Many, many hours of work have gone into getting this car to this stage.

Needs:
Fix head (Head gasket supplied); New Tacho; New Temp gauge (Comes with a new SAAS one, but needs matching Alfa connection); New overflow bottle

2000 AU Falcon XLS Ute - Auto
Excellent condition for a 13 year old ute. I bought this only last year to tow the race car from a guy that treated it like a baby.
Apart from the usual features, it has:
Hard cover tonneau cover; Tub liner; Tub mat; Electric brake controller; Andersen plug power to the back; Heavy duty tow pack and tow ball; just serviced. The car has done 189,000Km, but you'd never know.

Trailer
Heavy duty dual axle car trailer; heavy duty ramps; alloy checker plate decking; tool boxes on sides (one needs new door) and in the middle at the front (under car engine); winding type winch, however, I just purchased an electric winch that the new owner can have to install (still in box); electric drum brakes (front wheels) - also has a trailer mounted electric controller that I leave turned off because of the controller in the car; race car spare tyre overhead rack; heaps of tie down points; alloy wheels (Commodore).

Pricing:
As a complete package - $17,000
Separate - Alfa race car - $7,000; Falcon Ute - $6,500; Trailer - $4,500

There is very little negotiation either way.

This is basically what I just paid for the ute and trailer, but way under what has been put into the race car (not to mention the many hours of time by myself and others), however, I understand that race cars do not achieve anywhere near their replacement value. Shannons have the race car insured for $15,000 (not for racing).

I will get some pictures up over the next few days, but here are a couple of shots that show the ute/trailer/race car package and one of the race car. The race car has a couple of different stickers now and different mirrors. I also have my business stickers on the ute doors and tail gate, but will remove them once I have a buyer.

Rob

Bear157

Bear157

Price change on Alfetta race car - $6,000. I will do trailer / race car combo for $9,000 that is a bargain! If you are in South East Queensland, I can bring it to you as long as I haven't sold the Ute yet, which is not really being pushed until then.

Bear157

A few more pics of the Alfetta

Bear157

Few more

Bear157

Engine shots

Bear157

Slight change - Timer and LapCeiver removed. Not a big ticket item, but just useful elsewhere.

Bear157

Just bumping this again.
I know it has only been on for a short time, but I am pretty keen for someone to get it back on the track while the season is still young, plus I have an Alfa road car in my eye. If it hasn't gone soon I will be putting it up on the race car sales sites. Just wanted to offer it to club people first.
If you want to get into racing, this car is a cheap, but quality start.

Bear157

On My105 site now, maybe someone outside of Alfa Comp racing will want a bargain :-)

Bear157

Just changed price for Alfetta race car on my105 site to $5,500.

I have another Alfa road car lined up, so I might be enticed to negotiate some more if the offer is not too rude.

Bear157

Update:

Trailer is now spoken for.

Race car is still available -$5,500

Tow car is now on carsales - http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/ford-falcon-ute-2000-14745258 - This Falcon is an excellent tow car (has electric brake controller, hard cover etc) - $6,500

Bear157

Trailer sold. Falcon tow car sold. Alfetta race car has been dropped to $4500. Bargain at that price.

Bear157

Race car is now sold and has gone to a new home in Cooroy. I'm looking forward to seeing it running around again real soon.