Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party

Started by oz3litre, September 02, 2013, 09:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oz3litre

Some of you might be interested in checking these people out. They are trying for seats in Senate in order to stand up for people like us. They seem to be very well organised and know what they are doing. My son came across them the other day.
http://www.australianmotoringenthusiastparty.org.au
2010 159 ti TBI. Red. Wife's daily driver.
2013 Giulietta Sportiva 1.4 MA. Anthracite Metalic  My daily driver.
2009 Mito Sport 1.4 TBI. Red. Daughter's daily driver.
1999 GTV V6. Black. Son's daily driver.

Barry Edmunds

Hey, give the guy a break, he hasn't even got a suit to wear in the Senate yet. He surely can't be any worse that most of the rest of them and he may even turn out to be successful on our behalf. Not that he would have to do much to be better than many of them who have collectively failed Australian motorists for decades.
Barry

colcol

He was on the TV the other night and they tried to make out he was some sort of country bumkin, asked him did he own a suit?, no came the answer, most likely spent the money on his 5 kids, was out of work, due to the sawmill he worked at closing down, due to Goverment policies and the world economy, but wasn't on unemployment benefits, as the interviewer was trying to make out, was living on money saved up, so the guys a good worker, former employer said he was a hard worker, thats what we need in Parliment a bit of diversity and he might even look out for us motorists...nobody else will, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

oz3litre

As I said before, if you look at their website, the AMEP seem to be well organised and have politically astute people behind the scenes. Naturally Murdoch and the political machine will try to discredit them and make them look silly. They don't like mavericks in the system because they can't control them, so they try to remove them or force them to conform. The AMEP are trying to get a seat in our state parliament next year. We certainly need someone to fight for us. We have been treated as cash cows for far too long and enjoying motoring is seen as being uncool by some elements in society, who unfortunately seem to have the power.
2010 159 ti TBI. Red. Wife's daily driver.
2013 Giulietta Sportiva 1.4 MA. Anthracite Metalic  My daily driver.
2009 Mito Sport 1.4 TBI. Red. Daughter's daily driver.
1999 GTV V6. Black. Son's daily driver.