Television and dvd recorder

Started by bendover, September 27, 2014, 11:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bendover

I seem to have wasted all my money on a useles dvd recorder. Why? because you can watch the program you missed later in the week or next day, or even on your PC.

TV today is crap, and so is pay for view.

Mick A

That is very interesting thanks for sharing.

bendover

i SUPPOSE THAT IS WHAT YOU WOULD CALL, FUNNY.

a
AM I NOT ALLOWED TO TO OFFER AN OPINION OR SAY SOMETHING I WANT TO ON THIS SITE.

Mick A

Haha!

Get a sense of humor mate!

And stop shouting at me. It's rude.

-mick.

Sheldon McIntosh

Settle down guys, we're all friends here.

lovemy147 - Don't worry about Mick, he has a habit of winding people up, but he's harmless, and overall a very nice and helpful guy.  It is a bit rude to reply in all caps though, it does imply you're shouting.   And yes, you can offer any opinion you like on this site.  Whether anyone cares is up to them I guess.

Choderboy - Learn how to spell.  Spent too much time in the USA lately?

I bought a DVD recorder about 10 years ago, and it was great for a few years.  But I haven't used it for at least 5 years, because I haven't needed to, for the reasons you identify.  It's just too easy to use catch-up TV, or the internet, both of which are bloody fantastic, although they often don't offer the same quality of video as broadcast TV.

I find myself watching normal TV less and less.  I was downloading a lot of stuff legally *cough*, and months before it was available here, but have recently set myself up with a USA based company, that rhymes with "getflix", and it's great.  50 cents a day for a huge range of material.  Not gonna tell you how, but google has all the answers.

Peace, my brothers.......

Evan Bottcher

I will admit that I did do a quick check that your post was not a spam post - it didn't have anything to do with Alfa Romeo after all.  I did move your post from "General Discussion" (of Alfa Romeos) to "Off Topic", hope you don't mind.

I wish you luck with your discussion of television and DVD recorders.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

bendover

Why on earth would i waste my time with a spam post.

It was general comment and was hoping to get, not the reaction i got, a reaction from people who see this the way i do.

I have a sense of humour, i laugh  at dead birds and children crying, so dont tell me i dont.

Neil Choi

Quote from: Sheldon McIntosh on September 29, 2014, 04:47:32 PM
It is a bit rude to reply in all caps though, it does imply you're shouting. 

It only implies that perhaps Lovemy147's CAPS LOCK button was on and nothing else.  But I do concur that DVD recorders are pretty much redundant and I too have spent lots of $$$ on them as heavy paperweight ($$$ which I could have used towards my Alfetta and 156 and in Colin's case a 33), but I digress.  But it isn't really true that freeview TV has gone to the dogs, there are many great shows on currently, as I found out while curing myself from the Ebola virus recently.  I was able to catch up on the Singapore GP which I missed during the actual time slot as I fall asleep, I am normally tucked up in bed with a warm glass of milk by 8:30pm every night since I get up at 5am to do the 6am drag race at the Doncaster Rd on ramp and the Eastern Carpark GP.  But I digress again.  I caught another great show/drama/or whatever on our ABC, The Code, some good local Aussie actors and loved the mystery of the show which I didn't research to find out what is it about.  It was interesting while lying on the couch in pain with headache and body ache, along with a variety of coughs and sore throat symptoms.  So I watched it with interest and it ended the first episode leaving you hanging for the next, so I will come back to it next time.  Then I caught many episodes of MotorMate, many GP's and rallies and historical footages.  Also caught the Shannon's Motorsport Heros, i watch several episodes and especially liked the one on Jim Richards.  The good old footage of him spraying the crowd as a pack of A-holes and the best part was him the next year having to sign t-shirts saying "I am a A-hole because Jim Richards says so".  But I digress.  However all those pathetic stupid mindless idiotic reality crap are a bit too much and complete waste of time and life and electricity and electrons and energy, energy which can be put into powering my Alfetta or in Colin's case his 33.  But I digree, AGAIN.  That was a CAPS LOCK error.  But I digress again.  But gone are the DVD recorders these days as you can buy a 2 TB HD for little cash and record many great shows on TV.  There are currently some great shows on the ABC and SBS, Shaun Micallef's Mad as Hell, Reality Check, Legally Brown, Pop Asia, You are the one, Living with the enemy.  But I would rather be working my Alfetta or in Colin's case a 33 or 156 than to watch boring repetitive commercial TV.  But I digress, I could rather be just go and spam post.  However I digress again. 

Anyway, take it easy, it is a forum after all.  I digress.

colcol

Well put Neil, but on free to air there is a lot of good things to watch, try 72 mate and they have a lot of car shows, i have just finished watching a 2 hour program called RED, thankfully nothing to do with REDFOO, but the history of Italian racing cars from year dot to about 15 years ago.
History of Grandprix champions and drivers that didn't quite make it but were interesting none the less.
Just look at your Electronic Program Guide and record away, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: Neil Choi on September 29, 2014, 09:03:31 PM
It only implies that perhaps Lovemy147's CAPS LOCK button was on and nothing else.  But I do concur that DVD recorders are pretty much redundant and I too have spent lots of $$$ on them as heavy paperweight ($$$ which I could have used towards my Alfetta and 156 and in Colin's case a 33), but I digress.  But it isn't really true that freeview TV has gone to the dogs, there are many great shows on currently, as I found out while curing myself from the Ebola virus recently.  I was able to catch up on the Singapore GP which I missed during the actual time slot as I fall asleep, I am normally tucked up in bed with a warm glass of milk by 8:30pm every night since I get up at 5am to do the 6am drag race at the Doncaster Rd on ramp and the Eastern Carpark GP.  But I digress again.  I caught another great show/drama/or whatever on our ABC, The Code, some good local Aussie actors and loved the mystery of the show which I didn't research to find out what is it about.  It was interesting while lying on the couch in pain with headache and body ache, along with a variety of coughs and sore throat symptoms.  So I watched it with interest and it ended the first episode leaving you hanging for the next, so I will come back to it next time.  Then I caught many episodes of MotorMate, many GP's and rallies and historical footages.  Also caught the Shannon's Motorsport Heros, i watch several episodes and especially liked the one on Jim Richards.  The good old footage of him spraying the crowd as a pack of A-holes and the best part was him the next year having to sign t-shirts saying "I am a A-hole because Jim Richards says so".  But I digress.  However all those pathetic stupid mindless idiotic reality crap are a bit too much and complete waste of time and life and electricity and electrons and energy, energy which can be put into powering my Alfetta or in Colin's case his 33.  But I digree, AGAIN.  That was a CAPS LOCK error.  But I digress again.  But gone are the DVD recorders these days as you can buy a 2 TB HD for little cash and record many great shows on TV.  There are currently some great shows on the ABC and SBS, Shaun Micallef's Mad as Hell, Reality Check, Legally Brown, Pop Asia, You are the one, Living with the enemy.  But I would rather be working my Alfetta or in Colin's case a 33 or 156 than to watch boring repetitive commercial TV.  But I digress, I could rather be just go and spam post.  However I digress again. 

Anyway, take it easy, it is a forum after all.  I digress.

Mick A

Quote from: Sheldon McIntosh on September 29, 2014, 04:47:32 PM
Choderboy - Learn how to spell.  Spent too much time in the USA lately?

Autocorrect...

Smartarse! ;)