Anyone had poor service at Brisbane Alfa in Fortitude Valley?

Started by fun_in_the_sun, October 29, 2009, 09:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fun_in_the_sun

Hi,
I am a new Alfa owner and have just had a couple of warranty items and some extras added to my 147.
I was expecting to have some prestige type service when I took my car in to Brisbane Alfa - however was quite disappointed  :-[

They were not rude or anything but just not good at 'service'  :-\

Obviously my car is still under warranty and relatively new so who would you recommend I take it to next time?

I actually live on the Sunshine Coast so Brisbane is not really that close anyway - especially when they need the car so long to get things done...

I would be interested to hear if my poor experience was an isolated incident.

Maybe Alfa Brisbane need to hear the good and bad experiences as they have left me quite deflated in my confidence in buying an Alfa  :-\

flyguy

I could write a book about this.

I've had my brand new Alfa Spider 3.2l for just on 2 years now and have spent many many days at the service centre, often fixing reoccuring problems or getting problems caused by the service centre corrected. At one point (when the car was only 1 month old), my car was back to the service centre every day for 12 straight days to correct problems.

As you said, they are friendly and not rude, but I find the quality of service there horrible and very unreliable. Unfortunately it's now due for its 30,000km service (which is a whopping $780), but no-where else in Brisbane to go to that can service within warranty conditions. I don't think you would fare much better either being on the Sunshine Coast.

MJF

Hi Flyguy - just wondering if you had that 30k service done in the valley and what the outcomes was?

Hope it went well

Michael
1974 Mazda RX-4 Coupe [in pieces]
2002 Peugeot 307 XSE [past]
2004 Alfa Romeo 147 GTA [daily driver]