GT 3.2 V6 quad exhaust

Started by CassGT, October 31, 2012, 12:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CassGT

I'm looking at putting a quad exhaust on my GT, mostly for aesthetics - the power is enough for me and i love the factory sound!

Not looking for anything much louder - i am a professional and don't need to be rocking up to appointments sounding like a done-up skyline!  :P

Been looking at the novitec & ragazzon GT exhausts. Any one had experience with these two, or any other brand that you can recommend given what i'm looking for ??
- GT 3.2 V6
- 156 2.0 TSPARK, MONZA

TFJ100

Hi Cass,

I don't know about the GT, but with my own GTV, I went to a local exhaust shop with a photo, and $300 later I had quad pipes.

Before you spend thousands on a commercial option, check you can't just get one built on the cheap.

Cheers
Torben
Now -
2018 Giulia QV, Vesuvio Grey

Then -
10 159 3.2 JTS Ti 6sp manual - black
08 159 3.2 JTS Ti 6sp manual - silver
10 159 1.7T 6 sp man - red
03 156 GTA - black
01 GTV V6 (6 spd) - red
86 Sprint - white
90 75 Twinspark - red
89 75 Twinspark - red
80 Sud Ti - beige

CassGT

Thanks TFJ!

How did you find your options to be? - in terms of getting the sound and noise level u wanted?
- GT 3.2 V6
- 156 2.0 TSPARK, MONZA

TFJ100

In the GTV, you take out the 3rd muffler, so you get a slight noise increase. You hear more burble. You also get to hear more of the variations in tone as the engine goes up through the rev range. I am very happy with it.

However the GT has a better noise to start off with, so you should try and find out if you lose any of that before you make the change...maybe some responders to the forums can offer experience.

Cheers
Torben
Now -
2018 Giulia QV, Vesuvio Grey

Then -
10 159 3.2 JTS Ti 6sp manual - black
08 159 3.2 JTS Ti 6sp manual - silver
10 159 1.7T 6 sp man - red
03 156 GTA - black
01 GTV V6 (6 spd) - red
86 Sprint - white
90 75 Twinspark - red
89 75 Twinspark - red
80 Sud Ti - beige

shiny_car

Changing the rear muffler on the GT will definitely open up the sound. Nearly all aftermarket exhausts make the note very bassy/deep. Sticking with a well known brand (incl Novitec and Raga) should lower the chance of drone; but expect a bit of drone regardless. Only a genuine Unicorse (mega-$$) or Wizard exhaust (he's an ex-pat on alfaowner forums in the UK) offer the high-pitch 'Italian' (Ferrari-esque) scream if you prefer it; but these are not quads.

On ausalfa, a member has the Ragazzon DTM quads. I'm personally not a fan of this look, but each to their own. Raga of course offer straight tips too.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/64/photo2vv.jpg/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GaR35u2GuAM

Another member has the Novitec quads. No vid though.
http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh570/amp23962/P6290008.jpg

For Raga, I highly recommend speaking with Wal at Euro Exhausts in SYD. He's an Alfista and will do his best with pricing and can arrange delivery to your door. He can also do CSC now, but is dropping Supersprint.
http://www.euroexhausts.com.au/

To fit quads, note that you have to have the tow-hook mounting bracket/nut cut off.

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

CassGT

thanks guys!

Shiny, big help mate! I'll definitely be looking into all that info!
- GT 3.2 V6
- 156 2.0 TSPARK, MONZA

Cool Jesus

As Torben mentioned check out your indy exhaust shop rather than buying off the shelf first, particulalry someone with a good exhaust building background. I know Penrith Muffler Man has been involved in racing and exhausts all his life, Have no experience with Euro Exhausts, however Shiny is giving them a thumbs up too. With the indipendants you give them what you want from your exhaust and they will put it together without it effecting your engine computer.
With the Muffler Man, every exhaust I had him do for me was spot on with what I asked for. Well, except for one occasion where he purposely didn't follow my brief. I desperately wanted a sports exhaust for a V8 Grand Cherokee that I had and I pointed out to him that I was doing it on the sneaky as the wife (his niece) wasnt to find out. The job was finished and he laughed his arse off as he turned the key on my now burbling Jeep. It sounded good but it was way too loud to hide it from the wife. She picked it straight away, she wouldn't cop an, OMG there's a hole in the muffler  ::)
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

gtv19

Gents last year we travelled to the NSW central coast (from Adelaide), when we returned I found a noisy exhaust. A quick trip to my local (well respected) exhaust man and $80 later the third muffler was in the bin and a straight pipe used as a replacement. This little mod makes the already fabulous 3.2 litre GT sound better a little more raspy and not too much louder. Love it. Probably should be a standard modification.

Cheers,

Laurie :)
current,
alfa 3.2gt (q2)
159 2.4 Diesel Ti sportwagon
147 twinspark manual
past

105 spider (modified)
alfetta gtv twin spark
156 Ti selespeed x2
1.8gt`s 3 of
Alfetta sedan (sprint car)