Mechpro pressure washers

Started by oz3litre, January 07, 2013, 11:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oz3litre

Has anyone had experience with Mechpro pressure washers as sold by Repco? If so, how good are they? I am thinking of buying a pressure washer for cleaning our pavers, the underneath of cars and other things around the house and the Mechpro washers seem to be very good value.
2010 159 ti TBI. Red. Wife's daily driver.
2013 Giulietta Sportiva 1.4 MA. Anthracite Metalic  My daily driver.
2009 Mito Sport 1.4 TBI. Red. Daughter's daily driver.
1999 GTV V6. Black. Son's daily driver.

Paul Gulliver

If its the $89 machine the only thing that will drive you nuts is the 5 metre pressure hose, it just isn't long enough. I don't have a metpro but a Karcher .My experience cleaning boats & cars is you end up carrying it around with you to do all but the smallest job. They are so light they just fallover if you are moving around working.
All that said they are still a hardy little tool to have around the house but maybe look at spending a little more if the budget allows.
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

oz3litre

Thanks Paul. I am looking at the one that is on special for $139, down from $209. It has a 7 metre hose, 2,200 psi and built in detergent bottle.

Steve S

I bought the more expensive of the 2 on sale at Repco. I have a friend who is a branch manager and he recommended that one over the cheaper one. Its a great little machine for the money. I also have a Gerni 115 which cost $200 and the Mechpro has more flow, sprays better so is the better deal IMO, so long as it keeps working.

oz3litre

Thanks Steve. That sounds like the one I am looking at. It looks like it might be the way to go, especially in view of your comparison with your Gerni. I am going to go and have and have another look at it now.

danceaholic

I bought a Mechpro 2200 pressure washer just over a year ago. It worked fine and I used it several times last summer. Stored it as recommended and used it again a week or so ago. It worked for 20 minutes then stopped and it hasn't worked since. I called Repco but as it was a couple of weeks out of warranty they were not interested and referred me to a repairer on the other side of Sydney. Buy one at your own risk!!

oz3litre

Quote from: danceaholic on November 12, 2013, 02:18:54 PM
I bought a Mechpro 2200 pressure washer just over a year ago. It worked fine and I used it several times last summer. Stored it as recommended and used it again a week or so ago. It worked for 20 minutes then stopped and it hasn't worked since. I called Repco but as it was a couple of weeks out of warranty they were not interested and referred me to a repairer on the other side of Sydney. Buy one at your own risk!!
Check out this video from The Chaser programme. It outlines your rights in a case like this. I reckon you are entitled to a refund, especially when it is such a short time out of warranty. You would reasonably expect a product like that to last much longer than that. Apparently there is also a phone app with the official government rules on refunds etc.

My Mechpro has been great so far. I hope it lasts longer than yours.

It is worth a try I think. Let us know how you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE8BB-ioNRw