GTV6 trunk opener

Started by mfroes, January 22, 2013, 06:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfroes

Hi,
Was anyone able to install an internal (or remote control) trunk opener successfully?
the bonnet lock seems similar with the front one, but with lo loop to connect a cable to it.
just wondering guys.
cheers

colcol

Jaycar have one, its a solenoid that pulls a cable which is attached to a cable that connects on to the lock, it also comes with a hang on switch for under dash mounting with the American inspired word of "TRUNK" on the switch, they work quite good, BUT you must run thick wires and a relay to the solenoid, if you want a remote opener and closer, you would be best to buy the kit that locks and unlocks the doors and boot, Colin,
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

mfroes

Cheers for the help Colin,
my only problem is that the GTV-6 trunk lock doesnt have a place to attach the cables like the bonnet lock.
on the GTV-6 the lock is on the trunk lid and the lock would need to do a twist motion, i guess ?!?, like using the key to be able to unlock the boot together with the other doors.
if i was able to adapt somewhere a "ring" or something like that on the lock to be able to connect the cable would be perfect.

GTVeloce

What are you actually trying to do? Unlock the hatch remotely or open it remotely or both? I suspect both will be very difficult and it seems a little pointless to have to use a key to unlock the hatch first and then use the remote opener.

I have just installed a central locking kit in my GTV and plan to use one of the rear door solenoids to unlock the hatch. I am happy to press the hatch button to open the hatch but just don't want to have to lock and unlock it every time I go to use it.

The barrel appears to be the same as those used on the doors so I am looking at using a similar connection on it mounted sideways on the inside of the hatch with the solenoid on the end of that. Trickiest bit will be making it look neat.

mfroes

i was trying to do either.
i have installed the entire central locking, window closer module, implemented one touch on the electric windows ... all good.
i still have both actuators from the "back" doors from the kit. disassembled the entire boot lock and couldn't figure out a way of doing it.
again, because to open together with the doors, the actuator would have to do a twist motion to simulate the unlock. i`d be more than happy just to press the hatch too. On the doors the "twist" you do with the key is just to push the lock/unlock rod, on the trunk, it literally flips the interior of the latch upside down, thats why i was saying about the twist motion.

SOME PHOTOS:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alfa-Romeo-GTV-6-TRUNK-LOCK-BUTTON-W-KEY-gtv6-Alfetta-hatch-boot-door-/110985437059?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item19d73f5f83

http://www.ar10537.com/product.php?id_product=72
http://www.ar10537.com/img/p/72-268-thickbox.jpg

one side puts a pin outside that opens the boot, when it is locked, the pin wont come out as it is on the other side.
to make it open with a remote, it would have to be adapted something to pull down a pin from inside the lock itself, but the lock is located on the boot lid itself, so to pull it down, it would have a wide going from the trunk to the lock and manufacture parts to adapt inside the lock to be able to connect it.
as soon as i get my car back from the rust treatment i`ll take some pictures again and post it here.

GTVeloce

Hm, I think the back of my lock looks different. When I get my car back from getting a front end alignment I will take a photo and post it up.