Alfa 90 - Seats Thread

Started by Beatle, August 13, 2012, 09:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beatle

On another thread Dehne mentioned that you could get extra rearward movement of the seat by removing two 'tabs'.   I just did mine (2 minute task).   I can now slide the seat back almost too far.  I was chasing about two notches of extra travel and gained about five.   

Best comfort for my frame would be to have the seat a tad closer and raise the seat.  But my headliner is coming down to meeet me so for now I'll be happy with the extra rear movement.

Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd
'04 GT 3.2 Rosso/Tan - Glorious
'02 156 V6 Auto Rosso/Tan - Useful daily

oz3litre

Quote from: Sheldon McIntosh on August 18, 2012, 05:31:54 PM
and of course the 'Alfa right ankle' problem.   
That is a problem I have been trying to find a solution to for some time with my 75 and I think I have finally got it. I think for a start that sitting lower due to sagging of the seat with age, actually makes it worse, so I have been using a flat cushion from Spotlight until I can get the seats re-padded. That helps a little. The main problem though, (at least for me), is that in order to be able to fully depress the clutch comfortably, you are sitting too close to the accelerator pedal, which leads to your ankle being bent back almost as far as it will go. I am about five foot seven, but I think your height has little bearing on the geometry of the thing. What I have done is to fasten a 25mm thick block of rubber to the clutch pedal, enabling me to put the seat further back and thereby allowing my right foot to be further forward at the ankle and thus more relaxed. It might look a little odd upon close inspection, but it works. Alfa somehow got the pedal to seat geometry wrong on these cars. You don't have that problem on 164s or even on the Alfetta GTV. It is the only thing that detracts from the joy of driving a 75 and, by the sound of it, a 90.
2010 159 ti TBI. Red. Wife's daily driver.
2013 Giulietta Sportiva 1.4 MA. Anthracite Metalic  My daily driver.
2009 Mito Sport 1.4 TBI. Red. Daughter's daily driver.
1999 GTV V6. Black. Son's daily driver.

dehne

I have never had the right foot prob, but I guesss it's because I'm 6'1 and have long legs, still have not had the rear seats done, have only just fixed yet another clutch problem and started driving again, it's such a joy to be driving again. I get that falling in love felling again.
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's