2002 Era Selespeed Gearbox Troubleshooting - VIDEO

Started by AlfaCherry, January 27, 2013, 01:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlfaCherry

Hi all, I drive an Alfa Romeo 147 selespeed European car of the Year 2002

I have lost patience with the my local Alfa stealer ahem *dealer .. He wants to replace every component in the car. I knew my selespeed system was on the blink but he said no codes came up, funnily enough he recomended replacing the computer just to be sure !as a uni student I couldnt justify (afford) the expense.
I had the essentials fitted (a new fan belt/tensioner)
I could tell that they were grossly overcharging and printing their own cash in that workshop because of ignorant Alfa enthusiasts like myself.

After escaping with the shirt still on my back, I vowed to learn how to fix the car myself.

SO here I am left with a beautiful fully functioning Alfa.  that does not start.

The car is Stuck in Reverse and therefore cannot start

here is a link to a video of the G-box in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYH2zWAOnOQ&feature=youtu.be

I am  try to engage neutral and a strained screeching/groaning noise eminates from the G-Box, followed by clicking (accumulator?)

If you have watched this link and have any idea what the problem may lay exactly, please post!

I have ruled out these components being the cause
Pump: OK
Gearstick: OK
Brake Switch: OK
FlyByWire: OK
Battery: OK
Fuses: OK

likely cause
accumulator?
a Solenoid?
Sensor?
Clutch rod?
destiny?

!---- ALFA 147 DIY ENTHUSED ----!

dehne

Hi there
May I ask how you eliminated the pump, have you checked all fuses, the ones near battery box as well, pull them out and give a clean, the prob really sound like pump,
Where are you located
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Meng

No fault codes?  How are the sele fluid levels?  And the accumulator pressure?  If low accumulator pressure then it would explain inability to shift.  If the sele takes forever to prime before you start her up, this could be an indication if you don't have multiecuscan...

If those are okay, and there are no fault codes, could be electrics - check connector/contact points to the unit...
Alfa Romeo 156 GTA 3.2 V6