Repairing velour seats

Started by kartone, February 10, 2013, 11:36:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kartone

After the last EMR I noticed the passenger-side seat back, at shoulder height, has developed a cut from contact with the seat belt. For now the cut is clean, how can I stop it from fraying ? I have original material available from which to cut a patch, cannot stitch it without re-doing the whole seat, what glues are available for the job ? 
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

colcol

What about taking the velour cover off the seat and turning it inside out and glueing another piece of material on the other side of the velour, so you don't have to stitch the material, use a contact adhesive, but put some color paint in it the same as the velour, so if any glue comes through, it will be the same color as the cover on the seat, it doesn't take much paint to change the color of the glue, go to a hobby shop and buy a little tin of paint they use for model cars etc, i like Selleys contact adhesive cause it glues everything, [including fingers], Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

kartone

I will have to see how much work is involved in removing the seat covers.
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV