WANTED. Pair of excellent cond. 75 front indicator lights

Started by david sammartino, February 25, 2013, 09:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david sammartino

HI all,

as per title im after a good pair of left and right front indicator's, these are the two that bolt up to the headlights. Im esp after a nice set that hasnt got the brown mould around the edges or any noticable cracks. Ive been trying my luck on ebay as sometimes you can find new old stock but havent had much luck so next best bet is excellent used.

PM ME OR EMAIL dsammartino1@hotmail.com

Cheers

shiny_car

Dave, they are there on ebay. Did you try a Worldwide search in your best Italian?!  :P

eg: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ALFA-ROMEO-ALFA-75-2-FANALI-ANTERIORI-Front-Lamps-/400419758368

Alternatively, I've carefully 'cracked'/pried-off the clear lens covers on mine; the bonding agent has become brittle, so it's pretty easy to do. Next, I've removed the orange filter inside, so now the assemblies have a complete 'clear' look (more modern). I haven't refitted them yet, but I'll glue/bond the lenses back on, then fit Philips Silvervision (silver tint over orange) globes. And with the lenses off, you can carefully clean any gunk away before reassembly.

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

david sammartino

Hi Richard, sorry for the late reply but ive been a little busy with other things to get onto this mini project im doing, but ive started back on it and am getting to the stage where i need some bits. As for the link you posted, they seem to be the aftermarket type ones, which i have had in the past and think they look a little different to the original type. If you look at them beside an original set you will see the slight difference which is ok but not what im after.
I did try bidding on a new geniune set on ebay but lost out. :)

Hence im still after a set, and also wouldnt mind if anybody else reading this has for that matter a complete good cond set of headlights well were at it. Id really like to find a good set soon. I recently bought what i thought was a good set of lights from ebay only to find every single mounting broken off, its like the guy ripped off the indicator from the light assembly. I have been able to source some aftermarket lights but not my thing, so really want a really good second hand light assembly l and r.

anybody?

50/50

Hey Dave, I've only got old stock LHS headlight + indicator (which was originally from my TS prior to the incident I had about a year ago). The plastic cover for the indicator has come off, never got around to gluing it back on (see below), I'd need to double check if it still has the wiring for the parking/side light though.

And here's how they looked on the car (ignore the yellow square):

In comparing this indicator with the one's I currently have installed on my 75, I noticed that the one above appears to show a bit more orange through the indicator lense, whereas the one's I have on the car now don't show as much orange.

As mentioned above, I've only got the LHS set (RHS set from this pair has gone to Alfa heaven).
On a side note, I do have Depo brand (headlight only) for RHS if you're interested (I'm guessing not  :P).

PM me if interested in any of the above.

Cheers

shiny_car

"Mini project" eh? Hmm, sounds interesting.  8)

I bookmarked these guys in the past, but haven't used them myself. Claim to have OE parts, so worth checking:
http://www.myalfa.eu/index.php?cat=c773_LIGHTNING.html

That's for the indicators only. With their headlights, you'd want to confirm they are Carello and suit RHD.

:)

david sammartino

50/50 ill keep you posted on that lhs light, definately wont touch a depo one again didnt really think much of the ones i had on the car to be honest. ill try to find a pair, unless someone offers me the rhs lol

Shiny ill try giving them a go, see what ze germans can offer, kinda worried about left hand drive headlights though, but wont hurt to shoot em an email i guess.
And yes whilst i say mini project, i mean huge project lol i basically cut the front of the car off from the air cleaner forwards, and have fitted a radiator from an xr6 turbo, complete with single fan and shroud(this was the hardest part to fit). Real tight fit let me tell you, so me being me, i went the whole hog, and made a complete new spaceframe front end, which is kinda cool because the front of the car can now unbolt via 6 bolts. Going to make any future work on the far a hell of alot easier, i was going to wait to start a new thread once i completed it, but im 3/4 through atm so may as well begin to share. Had to make new headlight mounts, bumper mounts and brackets, etc etc huge job considereing it got done under a half covered carport, and with no lacky to help measure and hold things up made the job 5 times longer. Im sure i dont have to explain to any of the guys on here how hard it is to clamp something whilst laying on your back under a car and holding it square.

So yes, mini project but i still need some lights and indicater assemblies to complete this, my previous ones have broken plastic mounts so hard to finalise this without em.

shiny_car