GTV 6 history

Started by kartone, June 27, 2013, 04:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kartone

I purchase a new GTV 6 in 1982 from Alec Mildren in Edgecliff; the car had the split dash and was registered as a 2 litre by the dealer as the 2.5 had not yet been approved by the govt.
My father sold the car in 1983 when I was overseas.
I would like to know what happened to the car, I have a few photos with the original NSW plate and that's all.
Can the motor vehicle registry dept help ? Would the dealer have kept a registry and if so does anyone have a contact at Alec Mildren ?
Many thanks.
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

Nate Dog

If you have the vin number then theoretically you might find it.
The rta have records but I'm fairly sure they are loathe to release such details. I bought a car up from melbourne last month and registered it here. In the process dude tells me its been previously registered in NSW, but he refused to tell me anything other than that, no matter how vague the question.
With only an old number plate, you might even convince the rta to trace them and find the VIN number but i doubt you'll get much more information than that but it's a good start.
With the VIN you can start running revs checks for the car and if theres money owing on it or its been registered as a right off somewhere you'll be able to get a little more info.
That's about all i got for you.
Short of that post pics with as much info as you can on all the Aussie alfa forums and see if anything comes up.