Alfa 75 wanted!

Started by deano, December 21, 2007, 07:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deano

hey guys

I'm 17 and about to get my license. I've been looking for my first car for a while. Rest assured I'm not some fully sic obsessed with american muscle and straight line speed, I want a drivers car. My eyes have been fixed on the alfa 75 for a few months now but I cant find one. I'm looking for a reasonably good 3.0 V6 but none have come up at all in victoria, I've looked everywhere. I know of one for sale in Adelaide but it needs its gearbox rebuilt. If anyone is looking to sell their alfa 75 3.0 v6 please let me know. A friend of mine has a 2.0 twinspark which is what got me interested in the 75 so if anyone wants to sell a twinspark I'm also interested. Once I get a car I can join the club.

cheers  ;D

Deano
'91 75 3.0
'85 GTV6
'88 75 3.0
'15 Defender 110

alfagtv58

Hey Deano, good to hear you you are after a drivers car!!  Why so many people are fixated with out and out grunt is beyond me, I have a few mates who are into the supercharged 5.7 litre commondore thing, a few have done track days at winton with them, when i tell them my lap times from my 2 litre Alfetta they dont believe me!!

Anyway, the 3.0 litre 75's are not that easy to find, I got mine from Sydney cos I couldn't find any in Melbourne.  Your options are;
1. Be patient and wait for one to come up in Melbourne
2. Travel interstate to look at one
3. Get a Twin Spark....they really are a good thing

Good luck, keep us informed!
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

hammer

Deano,

I agree with Phil on the Twinspark front. I've had both and I love my twinnie - although the sound of a 3.0 with a good exhaust is something to behold.

There is a decent 3.0 for sale up here in Brisbane for $10,500. It has been maintained by Avanti, who are one of our best Alfa workshops in Brisbane. I have only seen the car from the outside but it looks tidy. I have the phone number details etc at home if you would like me to email them to you.

Remember though that the Twinspark is going to be a lot cheaper to run and maintain.

Regards,

Brent

deano

Hey brent and phil,

thanks for the info. Ive just about been talked out of the 3.0 by heaps of people but every time I hear one I find myself getting sucked back. There's one for sale in adelaide, a '91 potenziata but it doesnt have the original gearbox in it which needs a rebuild so i think that counts that one out cause i dont have the time. Its got some random non-alfa box at the moment. I think the twinsparks the way to go. Are there any good ones for sale in victoria that you guys know of?? I'm having trouble finding any decent 75s on the net. Are there any comon probs with the twinspark apart from the sensors and what should I look for when buying one?? It would be great brent if you could email me the details of the 3.0 in brisbane to ross_kerby@hotmail.com.  If a good 3.0 comes up i may just have to get it... though is it true the 3.0 costs twice as much than the twinspark to repair if something big goes wrong??? Anyway you guys have a great xmas and i'll let you know what i finally get.  i appriciate your help

cheers.

Deano
'91 75 3.0
'85 GTV6
'88 75 3.0
'15 Defender 110

hammer

Deano,

The guy selling that 3.0 75 in Qld is Martin McLean and his number is 0483 186 820. His ad reads:

Alfa 75 3.0 l - 5 speed manual in superb condition with red duco and grey cloth trim. 137,000km serviced every 5000km by Avanti Spares (receipts available. Car has Rial alloys, 6 stack cd player, electric windows and improved air conditioning. $10500 ono.

Best of luck,

Brent

AR116

Hey Deano,

Are you interested in an Alfa Romeo 75 2.5lt V6 1987 model? It has a fully retrimmed interior (seats, door trims, roof), Momo Steering wheel and gear knob, strong motor and gear box and very clean car for age. At the moment it has the original wheels but I am intending to throw in a et of 16inch 156 selespeed wheels.

Just an idea so let me know what you think.

deano

hey angelo,

sounds like a good idea but im looking for a twinspark or 3.0L. Thanks anyway.

Deano
'91 75 3.0
'85 GTV6
'88 75 3.0
'15 Defender 110

jpk

Hi there are you still after an Alfa 75 twin spark? ???
What other people think of you is none of your business

deano

yep, still looking from a twiny or 3.0. No luck yet. Have you got one your wanting to sell???
'91 75 3.0
'85 GTV6
'88 75 3.0
'15 Defender 110

jpk

Hi there,  I have a RED 75 TS, probably one of the best in Australia, my contact number is 0432 159 226, this car has had FULL mechanical reco, engine, g/box, clutch, donuts, s/rack, aircond upgrade, f/injection reco/upgrade,radiator, suspension sits 40mm lower with heavier t/bars/springs and konis, 16" DTM alloys with 225/205 tires. This car is a 9 out of 10 in ALL aspects and all work carried out by well known Alfa workshop for mature owner. Receipts for many thousands of dollars, I am considering selling due to another project. I am happy to supply photos and more details. This car is for someone who is looking for a well sorted daily driver/club/track car and a car that would do very well at the show and  shine/concourse, cheers joe

PS I have sent an email to ross_kerby@hotmail.com
What other people think of you is none of your business