Audi to buy Alfa?

Started by poohbah, April 04, 2013, 12:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poohbah

Folks,

Don't know if you have seen this, but there are a couple aof online articles floating around suggesting Alfa might be sold to Audi. My initial thought was it might be April Fools day joke, til I saw the first reports came out late March.

See following address:

www.autoevolution.com/news/audi-to-buy-alfa-romeo-57141.html

Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

Alfamania

if thats true which i hope not, Alfas will have an Audi dash. I really dont want to see an Audi dash in an Alfa. They did the same thing with Lamorghini
Alfa GT 3.2
Maserati Gransport
Alfa 75 V6 3.0
BMW 318i e36
Saab 9000cs
Mazda Rx7 13B Extend port -Turbo
Ford XE ESP 5.8
Mazda RX-4 Coupe 13B Extend Port

colcol

If Audi were to buy Alfa Romeo then i am sure Alfa wouldn't be down to selling 2 lines, MiTo and New Guilietta, there would be more, with parts being interchanged throughout the Volkswagon Brands, Audi ownership of Lamborghini hasn't really hurt the brand, its gone ahead in leaps and bounds unlike when Chrysler and co owned it, Alfa Romeo are dangerously close to building SAAB like numbers of cars, and we know what happened there, Fiat have owned Alfa since 1986 and the results from the last few years speak for themselves, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Davidm1600

Yes true but is not the 4C about to go into production, and while the 8C wasn't all it was hoped it might be, it still in effect was to my way of thinking a modern version of the Monty. And how many Alfisti love the Monty despite that it isn't perfect.

So, what ever happens, I do agree we need more than just 2 or 3 models, for the brand to survive as an ongoing make. I have recently heard that the head of Fiat has given a go ahead for a replacement for the 166, and if correct that further gives hope.

All we really need then is a 156/159 replacement, a spider and then there would be a full compliment.  Am not really convinced we need a Brera replacement.  Though possibly a GT replacement might be nice.

I prefer to live in the glass half full than half empty mind-set. 

Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina