Auto Italia Melbourne

Started by Alfamania, April 05, 2013, 02:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfamania

Hello Alfisti,

I am excited about the upcoming Auto Italia Festival in Canberra but unfortunately I am unable to make it. I was just wondering, does anybody know why we dont do one in Melbourne??  :)
Alfa GT 3.2
Maserati Gransport
Alfa 75 V6 3.0
BMW 318i e36
Saab 9000cs
Mazda Rx7 13B Extend port -Turbo
Ford XE ESP 5.8
Mazda RX-4 Coupe 13B Extend Port

Neil Choi

Funny you should ask.  You best to speak with a committee member, John Hanslow would be a good one to start with.

Or better yet, get involved.

colcol

If you have been to our Spectacolo in November, last year Como Park was full mid morning, with visitors having to park in the street and thats just for the Alfa Romeo Marque, imagine having all the Italian brands there, you would need the Flemington Racecourse, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

TFJ100

We also have Autobella, which is mostly Fiats, but just like the Spetaccolo, there is a fairly healthy roster of Lancias, Maseratis, Ferraris and Lamborghinis.

Cheers
Torben
Now -
2018 Giulia QV, Vesuvio Grey

Then -
10 159 3.2 JTS Ti 6sp manual - black
08 159 3.2 JTS Ti 6sp manual - silver
10 159 1.7T 6 sp man - red
03 156 GTA - black
01 GTV V6 (6 spd) - red
86 Sprint - white
90 75 Twinspark - red
89 75 Twinspark - red
80 Sud Ti - beige

Davidm1600

And down here in Hobart we have "la bella machina"  see February Classic & Sportscar mag for the article I wrote and pics taken on at our club's display last November.  Small it might be but a great selection of all Italian marques.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

prova

AutoBella was great but struggled with the number of cars that arrived - they had to close the gates for some time. What I would love to see is a car boot sale/swap meet type of aspect to the event. Most of us accumulate parts and even cars that we could sell in an informal but fun way and get to rummage through other people's items. Would be so good!

Alfamania

A swap meet sounds like a great idea! I was at the Spettacolo last year it was great, I had my Alfa 75 on display too  :) Yeah the Autobella could of had more entrants though...
Alfa GT 3.2
Maserati Gransport
Alfa 75 V6 3.0
BMW 318i e36
Saab 9000cs
Mazda Rx7 13B Extend port -Turbo
Ford XE ESP 5.8
Mazda RX-4 Coupe 13B Extend Port

John Hanslow

It's all about the cars we love ...

Problem is with large numbers of Alfas at Spettacolo, we struggle to manage up to 300 cars.  It's a lot of cars to park for a show.  Not sure how to find a solution that as yet.

This weekends RACV Classic Showcase at Flemington is a change to see how many car clubs can work together and the extent of what needs to be done.

With AutoItalia, there have been many requests from interest groups within the club to hold same.  Like all good ideas, the committee would welcome any event submission for consideration - but getting an event to fund itself and work with numerous car and bike clubs is a job in itself. That's the key.  Volunteer helpers  are always in short supply.

The general consensus is that it a good idea but not for our club at the moment - and with respect to the Auto Italia Group in Canberra - they do a good job and I indeed luv the weekend up there to attend their well run activity.

Any ideas or volunteers call me direct on 0409-961-719.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata