EYES-UP: July Cross & Serpent magazine cut-off date

Started by massiveluvbuddy67, May 12, 2013, 06:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massiveluvbuddy67

Wednesday 12 June.

At the moment I have NOTHING! NADA! ZIPPO!

Come on forum people...give me something please.

Best Regards
Phil

bix

frankfassi

What kind of story are you looking for? Like something new that you haven't had many times before?

pancho

I'd like to make a general suggestion if I may for additional interesting content.

Would it be a good idea of seeing who may be interested in a section such as 'Club Projects' ? - could be anything from restorations to mechanical upgrades or improvements that members are doing to their cars with pre and post reviews on the products or the outcome of the changes.

The mag is great for events and club happenings but not a huge abundance of project related info. A lot of us like to live somewhat vicariously through others. :)

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: pancho on May 18, 2013, 11:59:51 PM
I'd like to make a general suggestion if I may for additional interesting content.

Suggestions are good, but I think the proven way to get a suggestion like that going is to submit some content yourself.  You've got some great photos and narration of your approach to restoration, if you threw a bit of it together every couple of months I'm sure it'd be of great interest and encourage others to submit more material for that section.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

pancho

If the magazine is happy to have a retrospective article or series of articles on the works this far then I'd happily be willing to contribute. How's your project looking for contribution?

We could also get Dave Thomas and Bertie onboard - that was an idea brought up by Phil some time ago.

Evan Bottcher

I was just thinking the same thing.  Everybody on this board is bored of photos of my car, but the magazine reaches a whole bunch of people that aren't online so I should do similar.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Paul Gulliver

QuoteEverybody on this board is bored of photos of my car

Not me, always looking forward to an update, by the way any progress lately???
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Evan Bottcher

Some minor progress, but I keep forgetting to take some photos!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Miss Alfa Sprint

1979 Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.5L (Blue)
1989 Alfa 33 1.7 IE (Red)

To see my amazing photography visit http://www.marisagangemi.com/

massiveluvbuddy67

Quote from: frankfassi on May 18, 2013, 11:00:47 PM
What kind of story are you looking for? Like something new that you haven't had many times before?

Hi Frank,
I would be keen on any content to do with Alfas. Owner stories are always interesting. Stories on newer model cars, modified cars are especially welcome.
Best Regards
Phil

massiveluvbuddy67

Quote from: pancho on May 18, 2013, 11:59:51 PM

Would it be a good idea of seeing who may be interested in a section such as 'Club Projects' ? - could be anything from restorations to mechanical upgrades or improvements that members are doing to their cars with pre and post reviews on the products or the outcome of the changes.

The mag is great for events and club happenings but not a huge abundance of project related info. A lot of us like to live somewhat vicariously through others. :)

Hi Pancho,
Technical and restoration articles are particularly sought please. These are very highly regarded but unfortunately scarce.
Regards
Phil

massiveluvbuddy67

Quote from: Miss Alfa Sprint on May 19, 2013, 02:08:41 PM
Phil did you recieve my Phillip Island photos?

Hi Miss Alfa Sprint,
(One of my favourite contributors). I will have a check tonight when at home and advise. Thanks for your support.
Phil

massiveluvbuddy67

Quote from: pancho on May 19, 2013, 08:17:00 AM
If the magazine is happy to have a retrospective article or series of articles on the works this far then I'd happily be willing to contribute. How's your project looking for contribution?

We could also get Dave Thomas and Bertie onboard - that was an idea brought up by Phil some time ago.

Excellent. I await with glee!
Thank you
Phil