Longstone. UK. Economy shipping to OZ.

Started by McAnnik, May 17, 2013, 09:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McAnnik

Hi all, Iv'e just had a brief conversation with the the Head Guru at Longstone tyres Uk. regarding shipping costs to Oz. this was in reference to smaller product line such as tubes etc. The costs have blown out beyond belief and at the moment is not viable to obtain shipping via economy couriers to this country. However this has not affected the free shipping deal in place at the moment regarding orders of Michelin and Pirelli tyres, the current system is still operational, check the Website for details. I was advised to hold back my order of tubes for awhile longer while Longstone negotiate a better courier rate to Australia, we are a very important market for them and is much appreciated. It was pointed out that the requests

for Longstone Naughty Girlie Posters exceeds all demands by other countries by a large margin  and these are available on request free of charge.See Website!This company needs our diligent support,.........................................................Cheers..........Ian

massiveluvbuddy67

I just tried ordering 4 Michelins and when I put in Australia for the mailing destination it adds 775 pounds for shipping.

TFJ100

775 pounds or 775 lbs?  ::)

Probably both by the look of that price!  ;)
Now -
2018 Giulia QV, Vesuvio Grey

Then -
10 159 3.2 JTS Ti 6sp manual - black
08 159 3.2 JTS Ti 6sp manual - silver
10 159 1.7T 6 sp man - red
03 156 GTA - black
01 GTV V6 (6 spd) - red
86 Sprint - white
90 75 Twinspark - red
89 75 Twinspark - red
80 Sud Ti - beige

Evan Bottcher

The website now clearly states "FREE Carriage on UK delivery". This has changed since McAnnik first posted about longstone tyres...

Seems fair enough to me.  They'd surely have to make a loss on tyre sales shipped to Australia.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

McAnnik

Having perused the Longstone website again I find they do still have Free shipping of Pirelli/Michelin tyres to various countries worldwide including most of SE Asia and Philippines. Alas it appears Oz and the Pacific Region can no longer be catered for with free shipping and as explained to me efforts are underway to get a deal going with alternative courier/carrier companies. We can only wait and keep checking the website for the latest updates....I can only guess that Longstone needs to sell a lot of tyres to make it worthwhile to cover free freight.................................Cheers

massiveluvbuddy67

It was great while it lasted.
I got a set of Michelin Xs' for the 2600 and 2 sets of Avon Turbospeeds for my Lagonda (and a mates) all shipped free in the last 6 months. Sent two at a time, a few days apart, to avoid the import taxes.