For Sale - Group S Alfetta GTV

Started by Scott Farquharson, February 14, 2008, 09:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Farquharson

Due to family commitments (and with great regret) I am selling my just completed Group S Alfetta GTV.  This is a great opportunity to buy not only the fastest Group S Alfa in the country, but an Group Sc outright and class contender. 

In it first two outings it has achieved a 1:55 at AROCA PI (good enough for outright pole at the PI Classic in 2006) and 1:40 at the AHMF at Winton Long, with more development still left.  At the AHMF in October 07 it placed 2nd outright for the weekend.

This car is completely brand new and has been built by Hugh Harrison at Alfpa Repairs/Monza Motors with no expense spared.  It is a wonderful car to drive and looks fantastic. Just some of the features are as follows:

The body was a bare metal rebuild including fitting full steel roll cage, seam welding, full exterior and interior re-spray and polycarb windows.

Brand new 2 litre PACE motor includes high comp pistons, cams, ported head and big valves, PACE headers, 48mm webers, big radiator plus more - 190HP plus

Twin spark gearbox with close ratios and tightened 4.3:1 LSD

Full PACE suspension setup inc torsion bars, springs, sway bars and Koni yellows

Twin master cylinders, pedal box and braided brake lines

Sparco Evo seats, Sparco 6 point harnesses and Sparco window net, Momo steering wheel

Superlite 14x6" wheels with Bridgestone RE55's

For more details and pics during the build go to the thread:
http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,68/topic,219.0/

To build again would cost far more than I am asking and need a lot of time, effort and a fair bit of pain.  I'm asking $50k – bloody cheap for a front running car.  Call Scott on 0400 094007.

The car was built by and parts and provided by the following.......

Monza Motors/Alfpa Repairs - Hugh Harrison - project management, all engine building and mechanical assembly, all mechanical and electrical work, suspension setup, engine tuning etc -
(best car builder in town - always builds a fast car!) 9720 4442

Eastern Race Fab - Mark Jamieson - all alluminium and steel fabrication, panel work and body preparation, roll cage
(he can do anything with metal!) - 0419 696 660

PACE - Vin Sharp - Engine and gearbox machining, engine components, suspension components, gearbox components
(the best bits for these cars!) - 9844 0147

Rankins Panels - Final body prep and paint
(artist!) - 9729 0622

I watched and bought pizza and Jimmies.....

and the result......(and remember it's not finished yet)

first day out, 9 laps, Winton Long, best 1:41
second day out, 9 laps, Phillip Island, best 1:55......enough for pole (Grp S - outright) at the 2007 Phillip Island Classic........I love smokin Porsches!
third day out, about 9 laps Sandown, best 1:29....(Sandown won't be our track)
fourth, AHMF, 1:40 2nd outright for the weekend
fifth, PIARC Sprint PI, 1:55
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Fast Eddie

OMG!!!!

Scott, what the???  Well i must say i for one understand changing circumstances. Good luck with the sale. To anyone thinking about Group S, this is the best "turn-key and race" package opportunity for sure and well worth considering.

Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

alfagtv58

My Grp S car is almost exactly the same spec, I raced my car quite extensivly last year and I can tell you I had an absolute ball racing/driving it, the building of the car was however, quite stressfull.  As a "turn key" package this is a bargain.  Rather sad for Scott, but a bargain.

By the way --- 190HP plus is probably leaning on the conservative side!
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Scott Farquharson

Yes, changing circumstances...I guess I can always build another a bit further down the track...I wrote the ad 4 days ago - it's taken me that long to make the decision to post it.

It's hard to express what a disappointment this is - I have put a lot into Group S and this car over the past year and a half, and I was really really happy with how the car turned out.  I set out to build the best Group S Alfetta possible and had very specific ideas and targets for the car which were met, one of which was to build an Alfetta capable of pole at the Island.

Doing it again I wouldn't change much, if anything, with the way the car was built and what went into it, apart from maybe it being a bit of a smoother process.

It is a lot of work to build a car like this and the asking price no where near reflects the amount of time and effort and stress that goes into a project like this.

For someone wanting to get into Group S today, with as little pain as possible, with most of the thinking already done and be in a really competitive car right from the get go, then this is it.
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)