Fs: 1965 2600 Sprint

Started by massiveluvbuddy67, May 22, 2013, 09:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massiveluvbuddy67

I am selling the ex-Roy Linden's Australian delivered S2 1965 2600 Sprint (first reg 1967). Colour is visone (an eggplant browny/purple). This is a somewhat famous car (at least for me as it as the car that sparked my interest in 2600s on 1989). The car is one of three known to be imported with factory fitted Borrani wire wheels - an extremely expensive and desirable option.

I know the history of this car over the last 25 years. I am selling as I have some expensive work on one of my other cars that needs to be funded.

I would like the car to stay in the club if possible so will advertise here first for a couple of weeks first.

The car has had considerable work in the last 12 months to acquire a RWC since coming back from NZ and will be sold with a RWC (if sold in Victoria).
Work includes:
•   4 brand new Michelin X tyres,
•   a full set of control arm bushes,
•   Trunion arm bushes,
•   lower shock absorber bushes,
•   all leaks rectified,
•   the only rust was a 4 inch by 6 inch piece in the drivers floor that was expertly replaced,
•   two new outer headlights (one was cracked but replaced both for consistency), new globes etc
•   steering box bolts tightened and fully serviced
•   new wiper blades - they actually work properly!
•   new gear boot lever
•   new air cleaner hose
•   full service and tune including new fluids & filter

• Alternator and regulator rebuilt
    New battery
  • The correct period pig bristle carpets were sourced from the UK and the interior is completely recarpeted - properly

Strengths:
Having driven many 2600s (and owned 4) this car is the best one I have encountered! It is a joy to drive. Some other 2600s are trucks.
The Achilles heel for 2600s is the steering box. A good one is rare and will provide a light driving experience. This one is very good.
It retains 5 Borranis', service books and some history.
Everything works - all gauges.
Importantly: It starts easily both hot and cold - cold starting often a foible of 2600s.
Interior leather is in good condition.
Electric windows all work smoothly and crisply
Factory fitted radio and options, e.g SWave & dual horns.
The car has not been messed with. (Some paint touch-ups excluded)
The car has been checked for rust by Paul Rankin and his magnet - Paul's words "Awesome".
The car attracts a lot of comments for its looks and style due to the colour and wheel combination.

2600s are becoming quite collectable amongst cognoscenti and are appreciating. See April 2013 Sports Car Market magazine.

Weaknesses:
- The paint is original (except on the doors) and is in average condition. I think it is best left as it is. Paul Rankin is torn too.

IMPORTANT
1. 2600s do not drive or handle like 105 coupes
2. If you are thinking a straight 6 will be awesome and be faster than a 105 coupe buy a GTV6
3. 2600s are based on the 1900 chassis and provide a 1950s driving experience. They are a great GT. They are not a sports car. They are a cruising car.
4. Serious enquiries only please.
5. Please do not PM or call me to tell me how you would love to have one but need to re-mortgage the house first etc etc.

David Wright knows this car. Phil Baskett drove it recently. Bruno at Pursang Maranello serviced it last. They can provide opinions to.
Price is $45k firm.

I can send pictures.

PM me for initial contact. Please no time wasters.