FS: Starter motor (pretty sure it is) 105 series.

Started by michaeljc, April 06, 2012, 07:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaeljc

I have a starter motor that I got from a club member for $50 when he was trying to help me out a few months ago ... It works fine but it didn't seem to engage on my 116 2.0ltr GTV. I measured it up etc. as well as I could  and it seemed the same but maybe the throw out distance is different.

The starter motor is:
9 tooth drive (rather than 8 tooth)
2 mounting bolt version
very clean and seems to be in 100% working order
great for a spare

From memory it is about 10mm smaller diameter than the 116 starter motor, and maybe a little shorter too.

PLUS .... if anyone wants the intermitently working 116 / 3 bolt / 9 tooth starter motor I removed from the 116 GTV then make an offer. Otherwise I'll keep it on the shelf for spares ... but it will probably never get used.

PM me if interested............. Cheers

2001 Subaru WRX
1999 Subaru WRX STI
1984 Alfetta GTV

michaeljc

BUMP.

I got quoted $30 to inspect my original starter motor to see what the fault was. Was also quoted $180 minimum to fix it - assuming the armature was still OK. Hence think the clean & working 2 bolt unit would be a good spare for someone with 105 series.
2001 Subaru WRX
1999 Subaru WRX STI
1984 Alfetta GTV

michaeljc

BUMPing an old thread as I just move the starter motors on the shelf and am happy for them to be useful to someone else. Details in thread below.
2001 Subaru WRX
1999 Subaru WRX STI
1984 Alfetta GTV