FS NSW: 1963 EJ Holden Special Sedan

Started by Captain Slow, June 19, 2013, 06:19:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Slow

Info copied from my Gumtree ad here - http://www.gumtree.com.au/m-my-ad.html?adId=1021755006

Hello,

Here for sale I have a 1963 EJ model Holden special sedan I'm selling on behalf of a friend.

He has owned the car for the last 8 or so years and has kept it garaged, registered and running throughout this time. When he purchased it he had a lot of rust repairs done at a cost of many thousands of dollars but unfortunately some bubbles have re-appeared in the doors and a few other areas but I'm not aware of anything major. The car was fully repainted at this time and still presents quite well.

The car is very original apart from a disc brake front end, and the 3 speed manual transmission has been converted to a floor shifter. It also has what i think is a vintage aftermarket 3 gauge cluster on the dash, however none of the gauges appear to work. They would be easy and inexpensive to replace though.

It's just been fully serviced. Oil changed, tappets adjusted, points adjusted, new bottom radiator hose, coolant flushed and replaced and a new inlet/exhaust manifold gasket. Also sections of the exhaust look new. The engine starts easily and ticks over quietly. The odometer says 97,000 miles, but the owner has no idea of the actual mileage

It's had very few miles put on it in the last 8 years, he just give a run every now and then to keep the battery charged and things operating as they should. However in the few weeks I've had it I've done maybe 400 klms and it hasn't missed a beat.

It's registered until July I believe, and it's probably close enough now that a pink slip can be supplied if a prospective buyer chooses.

Inspections are welcome, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask and I'll try to answer as best I can.

I work odd hours so if I'm not answering the phone please send an email or SMS and I'll get back to you later that day.

Thank you for looking

Ben

Forgot price!  He's asking $8000

Cars:
1973 Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 Convertible
1974 Daimler XJ6
1989 Daimler XJ40
1995 Land Rover Discovery
1989 300ZX Twin Turbo
1963 Pontiac Laurentian
1976 Bedford CF Van
1976 VW Beetle Kit car project