After 4C comes 4D..

Started by MD, July 14, 2013, 02:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MD

I believe the 4C is going to be a runaway success. That in itself may leave a follow through hole in the Alfa planning as far a capitalising on the momentum. What to do? Top the 4C ? With what? How far up the sophistication ladder in vehicle specs will they go before the punters pockets represent Swiss cheese?

I got a devious plan.

I reckon that once again Alfa should look around what others are doing (ok, ok, I know that they are doing that  :) ) say for example (I am saying this with trembling lips) BMW.
More specifically, instead of looking ahead into the unknown, why not look back at the proven successes. BMW has recreated the so called "Mini". Well a Mini it isn't by one gets the idea and it has certainly been a successful production run.

SOOOOOh, why not recreate a gorgeous Bertie, the transaxle flagship or any successful Alfa model car you care to name? Just think, they have all the original blueprints and tooling. Bring the car specs up to the current safety standards and appointments like working air-conditioning, better electrics, better rust protection etc, etc. Fix all the known warts and you would have a great classic. Fiat has had a crack with the Bambina. Why not go further?

What's the market? Think about. All the baby boomers today have more bucks than they did when these cars were new. How many of these people would just love to go back in time and pick up a great new toy that is better now than it ever was? Not to mention the offspring that have been influenced by their parents about Alfas for decades. How often do you hear, "my dad used to have one of those and I want one" ?

So after the 4C there could be some bucks in retro revision.

What do you think guys?

I am starting a new collection jar for a 1.8L turbo Giulia Super with fat feet... 8)

Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0