New purchase

Started by Binga1, August 18, 2013, 11:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binga1

Hello alfa members im enquiring on the 1750gtv . All the signs show i own a series 1 but it could be a series 2. Vin number is 1453069 registered in 1970 . My question is when did series 1 change to series 2 at what year and vin number.

Davidm1600

It is very easy to tell if it is a series 1 or 2 1750.  Series 1 1750 GTVs have flying buttress seats, front park light/indicators mounted on top of the RHS/LHS front bumpers, no over-riders and the a curved bumper, plus also no side indicators on the front guards.  On the other hand S2 1750 GTVs came with the same style seats as later model (ie. 2L GTVs), plus more square style bumpers, over-riders, and front park/indicators mounted on the front valance of the body.  There are some other differences including the use of the 10548 Cams etc.

The other thing to do if you havn't already is get in touch with Marco Fazio at the Centro Storico (Alfa) and he will provide you with the build date/sell date/where it was sold, plus original colour (external and interior) etc. This I believe may be his email address: centrodocumentazione@alfaromeo.com  Just provide him with what info you have, ie chassis/engine number etc.  He is usually very fast at getting back to owners with the relevant information.

Would have to dive into my books to find the change over dates etc but others may have such details ready to hand.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Binga1

Thanks David yeah all the indicators are a series1 . However im baffled in production its touch confusing will email to that address cheers Phill

LukeC

I have seen and worked on what I would call a series 1 1/2. I have forgotten the details of the combination, but it was along the lines of a exterior of a series one, single booster of a series one, but the interior and later type air filter set up.

My memory is a bit hazzy, but I think it was a one owner car that I rebuilt the engine after the owner came back from overseas. AFAIK it is still owned by the same person (but not used in years).

I would be surprised if there was any official cutover to identify them as far as the VIN was concerned.
Luke Clayton

qvae.com.au