Temporarily off the market - 75 3.0 Potenziata

Started by Mic, August 29, 2013, 09:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mic

Howdy Folks,

I am thinking about moving on my beloved 75 due to a lack of use and inability to provide her with the attention she deserves.
Owned for nearly 1 1/2 years, I've spent many a dollar, time and effort getting and keeping her drivable. Genuine Potenziata, July 1990 build with motronic injection, crank angle sensor and darker interior. Black in colour and looks fantastic bar a few imperfections.
217,xxx km.
Has 16" 'competition' wheels which according to the extensive documentation dating back to its original purchase, genuinely came with the car. The original spare teledial wheel is also still in the boot with factory markings on the tyre too.

Fitted with extractors, 3 inch exhaust and air filter the car last produced 115.9rwkW and 296nm on dyno which is slightly more than the claimed output when new. Previous owner also installed a twinspark front bar (half the weight and looks great).

In very good condition considering age, interior is slightly worn but there are much much worse out there (most noticeable is door 'arm rests' and some funky window tint). Car is rust free.

Last serviced by AutoTech Canberra on 21/6/13 , who vouched for its mechanical condition and quoted it as 'one of the cleanest even seen'.
Drives very well, no second gear synchro crunch.
Has near new Bridgestone RE002's fitted.
Brand new battery (replaced under warranty)
Many more great points, too much to list.

Bad stuff:
A few things still need doing but nothing urgent (have details)
Car was lowered on yellow koni's by previous owner, unfortunately a little too much or not stiff enough so tyres can occasionally rub in the guards over bumps. Particularly noticeable with rear-seat passengers.
Roof lining drooping slightly near rear window, not bad just looks tacky.
Runs a bit rough on cold start, likes to be warmed up before setting off.
ARC control panel has a mind of its own, likes to occasionally warn of things that aren't happening (low oil, low washer fluid, fog light fault etc.)

Overall a fantastic car, has served me very well and parting with it will be very hard. I just don't have a garage to keep it in or the facilities to look after it myself to address the few things listed above. This is one of the best looking, driving and sounding 75's on the road.

Not sure of worth, the last two Potenziata's I've seen for sale were asking $9,500 and $7,500 not without their own faults. I am open to offers and advice. Please feel free contact through PM or email at mmaro16@gmail.com and I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Vehicle is currently located in ACT

I should point out this car has QLD rego until December and I will provide a Roadworthy certificate if I get an interested buyer.

Cheers,
Mic

'90 75 3.0L 'Potenziata'
'95 Celica - Daily Driver

Mic

A few older pics, I will post new ones when I can reduce file size
'90 75 3.0L 'Potenziata'

Mic

Some more
'90 75 3.0L 'Potenziata'

Mic

Update

From advice I've received and research, I'm now chasing $5500 and am open to negotiation
'90 75 3.0L 'Potenziata'

Mic

Yet another Update

I've decided to pull the car off the market temporarily while I sort out some unforeseen circumstances
Interested parties can still contact through the usual channels, I will make an effort to get the car back up for sale (still sadly) in the near future
'90 75 3.0L 'Potenziata'