LPR rotors

Started by Repco Lad, September 06, 2013, 08:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Repco Lad

Hi

Any-one had any experience with rotors made by 'LPR'?

Thanks,

RL

colcol

Never heard of the brand 'LPR', who is selling them and what sort of warranty do they have?, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Repco Lad

LPR apparently come out of Italy. They list all the late model Alfa's- maybe they supply OEM?

My daily drive was a limited import run back in the day, and the usual suspects don't do rotors, so have to look OS.

The last set of 'OEM' rotors I bought were 'Q&H' brand and were s**t. Had to machine them 5 minutes in, to eliminate the squeal

I was tooling around on ebay and noticed a mob called European Auto Imports in Box Hill had LPRs

RL

colcol

Quinten and Hazleton is a well known UK brand, i have used their parts and they seem to be ok. European Auto Imports in Box Hill sell a lot of QH parts as i have purchased from them before, now that you mention LPR Italy that does ring a bell, i remember looking up the LPR website and they are quite a big brand over there, i have found that noisy brakes are caused by the brake pads vibrating against the rotor, putting a shim between the piston and the brake pad and or machining the leading and trailing edges of the brake pad can help, when i say machine i mean a delicate touch with an angle grinder, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

AR753.0ltr

Quote from: Repco Lad on September 06, 2013, 10:41:05 PM
LPR apparently come out of Italy. They list all the late model Alfa's- maybe they supply OEM?

My daily drive was a limited import run back in the day, and the usual suspects don't do rotors, so have to look OS.

The last set of 'OEM' rotors I bought were 'Q&H' brand and were s**t. Had to machine them 5 minutes in, to eliminate the squeal

I was tooling around on ebay and noticed a mob called European Auto Imports in Box Hill had LPRs

RL

You say your daily drive was an import, have you tired Italian Automotive Spares in Brunswick East? They carry a huge range of Textar brake discs and pads. They might even have something for your import, as long as it's Italian.

Repco Lad

It's English (MG), so basically it's Gucci loafers on the weekend, and tweed sports jacket during the week!

I'm hearing that RDA may do them, but thanks for the tip

RL