Sunday Run to Daylesford

Started by colcol, July 31, 2013, 05:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcol

Last Sunday the Alfa Club had a Sunday run to Daylesford, the club met at the Westgate United service station, i drove past it twice and couldn't work out how to get there, so i waited on the Westgate freeway for the others to catch up, [note to self, get navigator]
We took of for a run over the Westgate bridge through some Alfa Romeo freindly roads to Ballan for morning tea, there were about 30 club members who overwelmed the cafe for coffee, so we spread out between 2 cafe's and then lots of talking and photo opportunities, we were joined by the Goldfields Chapter who met us at various points.
The club then proceeded to Daylesford where we went for a brouse at the Daylesford market, where Uncle Col and most of the male gender of the Alfa club added to our impressive range of tools, by buying even more tools, in the very unlikely case of having to perform any work on our Alfa Romeo's, some of us larger bodied gentlemen purchased some honey, jams, peanut butter, spices, nuts, lollies and other essentials supplies in readiness for that nights Formula 1 race.
After that hard work we went to The Farmers Arms Hotel for an impressive lunch and lots of talking about how Alfa Romeo has got it right and all other Marques are rubbish and what is wrong with the world' and how we would fix it.
After that some decided to walk of those extra kilos, by going for a wander through the township of Daylesford to check out all the shops and antique shops for that hidden bargain.
Those of us in peak physical condition who didn't need the exercise decided to go for a 8 kilometre drive to the Chocolate Mill, to check out all the handmade goods, and purchase some more supplies in case the supplies run low when watching the Sunday nights Grand Prix, we then had to have some more disscussions in the Chocolate Mill Cafe, over some chocolates and a coffee.
There were a good selection of cars, with a 16v 33, 147, 156, 159, GT, 2 modern Spiders, Brera, Alfetta 4 door, Alfetta GTV, Guilia Super, Berlina, 105 coupe, new GTV, [sorry if i missed your car].
Thank you to Barry Edmunds for organising the run, well done Barry, it was enjoyed by all.
Next Sunday run is 25th August, its the Winter Run through the Dandenongs, we will meet at Nunawading Alfa Romeo/Fiat/Chrysler in Whitehorse road, this will be organised by Malcolm Powell, i have put my name down for this one, why don't you as well, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Evan Bottcher

"...perusing a large stall with many old tools out on display - Vin Sharp was one."

What? Oh! Bwahahaha.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal