Side skirts / Squeaky clutch pedal / passenger seat

Started by feelthenoise, September 23, 2013, 11:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feelthenoise

Hi all,

Just got loads of question hope you guys can help me out.

1. Biscione Side Skirts/Sills - http://shop.alfisti.net/product_info.php?language=en&products_id=3180&products_id=3180 , will these skirts fit 2005 GT without extra kit for installation. Basically my front panel (the one on top of the wheel) got dented from the bottom by the kerb, I dont want to do the beater or the paint of whole panel, may use these skirts to cover up.

2. My clutch pedal squeaks, sounds like it is from inside of cabin. however had it checked at marenello pursang, no leakage and they lubed the whole thing. It was good for a week and started again... i tried WD40 grease and all that didn't work

3. passenger side seat all of sudden decided not to fall forward... how do i troubleshoot?

Many thanks.

cheers,

Ken

colcol

I assume you have a 2005 GT?, the clutch squeak is usually the ball on the clutch master cylinder, try spraying it with some silicone spray, it will not attract dirt and it will smell nice, if that fails try some rubber grease on the pushrod ball on the master cylinder or drive with the radio louder.
The seat on the left hand side doesn't go forward, it may be a seat out operation, the GT has a 147 interior, try looking up forums too see if there is a problem with the seats.
The battery will have to be disconnected when the seat is removed as the airbag nanny will shine the airbag light as the airbag wiring loom has to be disconnected, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

feelthenoise

actually just got wd40 sprayed into the cylinder and it worked! though i know it wont last long, i may get some silicone spray.

i may leave the seat for next service.

for side skirts, any thoughts?

Thanks.

Beatle

Try some sort of spray grease.  Something heavier than the WD spray.  e.g. White Lithium Grease, Lanotec etc
Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd
'04 GT 3.2 Rosso/Tan - Glorious
'02 156 V6 Auto Rosso/Tan - Useful daily

colcol

Try greasing the ball with rubber grease as it won't damage the rubber boot or seal, WD-40 and silicone spray may drip away, but it may be a hard task to get any rubber grease onto the pushrod ball.
WD and silicone may swell up the seals, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

colcol

Feelthenoise, why don't you email the sellers of the skirts and ask them, but if you have to have the skirts painted the same color as your car then have the dent fixed at the same time, Colin.

extraball

body kits look awesome for the 147, just too expensive