Started by rjayzloose, October 02, 2013, 11:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjayzloose

so it looks like my 166 has slipped teeth and may have bent valves so now the toss up whether to pay to fix it or to buy a engine and swap them.....

now is there any other alfa models that fit the 166 withoutt needing to make mods??? its an 01 model

massiveluvbuddy67

Phone Hugh Harrison at Monza Motors in Bayswater. He likely has an engine from his wrecking business. He will be able to discuss options with you.
Best Regards and OUCH!
Phil Nash

Anthony Miller

not wanting to sound flippant, but you could probably source a complete 166 for the price of just the engine and then,if you have the room, you would be able to store it and mine spares from it. There are a couple of '99's on carsales for under 5k and one under 4k. just a thought
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

colcol

I would just go to a wrecker and get a good secondhand engine, reconditioning the engine would cost more than what the car is worth, if you get a secondhand engine, while it is out, do the cambelts, these cars get a little bump in them and they are written off, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]