Any interest in a '69 S1 1750 GTV

Started by Davidm1600, October 31, 2013, 08:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davidm1600

Ok, I have been putting this off for quite a while, but.......I think I am going to need to accept I am just not going to have the necessary funds, time, space or hope of restoring my 1969 S1 1750 GTV in the near to distant future.  I bought it some 16 plus years ago via a Shannons Auction in Melbourne.  And truthfully, I really need to spend my energy and any funds I can raise on finishing the restoration of both my '69 Giulia Super and my '69 Fiat AC 124 Sport.

My GTV is white, with black interior including correct flying buttress seats and Hellebore woodrim steering wheel.  Basically it is in sound condition including a replacement 1750 engine after the one that came in the car died.  It is straight, has Koni yellows all around, I previously rebuilt both the front and rear suspension, it has Hella H4 headlights which are great, alloy wheels and Pirelli P600s. I have all service documentation for the time I have owned the GTV.

It was my daily driver (not that I used it daily) for about 11 years, until about 6 years ago when I bought my 156 sportwagon. Since then it has had relatively little use.  It has lived in a garage under covers ever since.

All the brightwork is in good condition, but bear in mind the sad points. It has rust in the doors, bootlid (which is not a 1750 bootlid anyway), minor rust in the rear wheel arches, drivers side floor, fronts of the cills, and also in the front sway bar section.

I do have a spare non-rusty bootlid, one spare non rusty (surface rust only) door, both front outer front guard/cill repair sections (Classic Alfa), spare door cards, and a range of other parts all of which would be included.

It is currently not registered and I will need to fit a new battery but I know it will start and be fine.  During the time I have owned it, it has been incredibly reliable and I have really enjoyed driving it.  I will miss it.

So, if anyone might be interested in taking over custodianship and hopefully restore it to its former glory please PM me and I can provide photos.  I can take photos and provide them by email or text to your mobile as requested.  Price, its hard to figure this out.   Nice ones seem to be going these days for between $20-40K so perhaps a price of $6K is not too unreasonable.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Davidm1600

Hi guys I am slowly sorting out loading up some images I have of my GTV.  Basically the photos are too large to load as are, but thanks to Aikendrum, using a image re-sizing process I have so far managed to post the first photo of the car.  I will try to get some more loaded up.  I will also get over to the garage over the weekend to take some more photos which then hopefully I should be able to post.

If in the meantime anyone is interested send me a PM with your email details and I should be able to attach them to an email and can send them to you.  In case you havn't figured it out, I live in Hobart. 
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Davidm1600

Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport