EVO 4C Review

Started by Sportscar Nut, November 07, 2013, 10:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportscar Nut

In the newsagent this afternoon reading the latest EVO magazine Alfa 4C review and opening paragraph starts with the Alfa brand woes of recent years - of course! But then states the last world leading Alfa was the Sud and last great sports car the 105 GTA.

Think history is starting to recognise the Sud which is also now one of rarest Alfa's of the last 40 years.

Paul

colcol

The Alfasud the best Alfa Romeo for the last 40 years, stop it , i am going to tear up, Alfa Romeo have had a great number of cars the last 40 years, done under their own steam before the Fiat takeover in 1986, my 33 was built in 1984, so its still a proper Alfa Romeo!.
Since the Fiat takeover they have also had some great cars but now they are down to 2 volume selling cars, the new Guilieta and the Mito, both great cars in their own right.
The Chrysler takeover has drained Fiat of funds as they push through badly needed Mopar products, Alfa Romeo should have replaced the popular 159 series straight away with the new Guilia, but no, Fiat took back the old Sud plant and built a top selling Fiat there.
Even though i hate them, they should be making a 4 wheel drive, along the lines of a RAV and they should have a sports car, along the lines of the one they are doing with Mazda.
I bet that Lancia owners are saying the same thing about Lancia's as well, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Sportscar Nut

Hah Col. Journo did not state best car of last 40 years but think he was meaning last class leading car. Agree that GTA is the last great sports car they have built though.

Paul