F/S 2001 Track ready MX5 in an NA body $7,990

Started by lightyear, September 07, 2013, 07:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightyear

Found a car I want to buy, but this one has to go first. So I have priced it very well.

For $7990 you get everything on the car, with the only changes from what i have been running it lately being standard NB8A wheels and tyres, and an NB8B glass window softtop.

This is always one of the fastest, if not the fastest car at the MX5/AROCA track days.

It is very easy to drive at 10/10ths. Making for a fun, fast, MX5 that is also very reliable and cheap to run/maintain.

This is not a car that pops up often for sale. There is a lot of work in completely stripping every mechanical and associated part out, and replacing it with far superior 10 year newer parts from an NB8B.
It is definitely more of a body swap, than an NA that has a 2001 motor and box. Every part that could be swapped over was. And this included things such as the key remote electric boot release, the wiper motor and wiper arms, the steering column, dash, carpets, all fuel lines and brake lines, the complete wiring loom, etc, etc. As well as the obvious things like suspension, brakes, ABS, etc, etc.

All 2001parts came from my own car that hit a wall. Original low k 113,000 km car.

The motor never uses any oil what so ever. It is very healthy and puts out about 90rwkw's with Oem NB8B intake and air box, Oem ecu, extractors and sports exhaust.

It has a 6 speed gearbox with H.D clutch and lightweight chromo flywheel, and 4.3 Torsen diff.

The paint is faded (typical for red paint), the body is pretty straight with no damage, and the odd small dent. The boot is very average.

I can sell the rims and tyres with the car as well as the Oem hardtop if someone wants them.

Other upgrades include-
Velo fixed back race seat (very good condition, and does a great job)
6 point harness
MOMO sports steering wheel
B.C Coilovers
Whiteline adjustable front swaybar
Rollbar
Corner weighted
Fairly new rotors and carbotech race pads, braided brake lines and racing fluid.

Car can be registered. It is not an import, nor has it ever been written off.

David 0410504737

lightyear

I have bought a WRX to race in a new series. So this has to go. Pic from the weekend at Phillip Island. Did a 1:50.1, try buying another car that can do those times for under $10,000, and be so cheap to run and maintain.

how to take screenshots

I can sell this car without some of the bits like coil overs, seat, harness if you don't have a big budget for $5,990.
Gearbox is showing signs of synchro wear on 3rd, and 4th gear is popping out sometimes if you don't hold it. So I am reducing the price to $7000 with all the track bits. So you can either have it rebuilt, or buy a 5 speed for a couple of hundred and just drive it.

lightyear

Best lap times are-

Phillip Island 1:50.1
Sandown 1:27.7
Winton 1:38.0
Calder 1:08.x
Wakefield 1:10.4
Broad ford 1:06.9

lightyear

I looked at the times you guys got on the weekend.. I am sure there must be some guys that can see this is excellent value. I know Mick Aaron's car is well set up, and he is a very good driver. But his car can not come close to matching my red MX5. The only car to come close was Paul Salvatore, but I am sure his car has cost a bit more to build.
It is on Ebay, and I am thinking about keeping it. But would like to start my new venture.
It would be interesting to see how fast it can go with a half decent driver. Buy it and find out :)

lightyear

Ebay auction ends this arvo. So if you know anyone that might be interested let them know. Must be someone that would like to have a car capable of beating pretty much all the Alfa and MX5 guys.