Wanted to buy Alfa 90 or 75 Very Cheap

Started by alfaparts, March 03, 2008, 05:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfaparts

Wanted to buy Alfa 90 or 75

Looking for very cheap 90 or 75 manual to use as a paddock car
any condition, panel damage or rusty is OK, 
need car to be driveable,
or close to driveable, don't want to do to much work to it.
Even a quattro wagon 4 wheel drive would be OK.

A car that is close to dying would be OK, looking for something that is past putting back on the road.

In Bendigo, Ballarat, surrounding area, Western Melbourne suburbs, will consider a bit further away.
If you have anything, let me know what it is, where it is located and how much you want for it.
Cheers.

Sheldon McIntosh

what the hell?  Is this a joke?

Alfas are thoroughbred Italian machines, lovingly built and cared for by true enthusiasts.  If you want a paddock bomb get an Australian or Japanese car.

Honestly.

jpk

why dont you find a Datsun 120 WHY? Auto ::) ::)
What other people think of you is none of your business

alfaparts

No not a joke,  geeze some people are touchy about their Alfa's  :) 

2 years ago I was given a old wrecked but still drivable Alfa 90 and our organising committee used it as a course car to set up a dirt track for a car club. It was an exellent car, but after the event it went to someone who wanted the motor for another car.

Last years khanacross we used a Suzuki Swift Auto we paid $50 for it, what a horrible car.
Obviously we'll pay more than $50 for an Alfa.

The committee has requested this car, So I'm looking for a old Alfa 75 manual or 90,  with enough life left in it to bash around a paddock dirt track to set up the track for this years event. Would need the car  by October at the latest.

Thought the Alfa club would be the best place to start looking, also have put a wanted to buy on ebay.

So hope this satisfies, curiosity, as to why I posted a wanted to buy.
I know there are a lot of cranks who get on these forums.  I am a genuine buyer.
As for how cheap, very very cheap    :) 
we can't spend much as the car will sit in a paddock to be used once a year.
so if you have got a car, let me know what it is and how much you want for it and where it is located.   

alfagtv58

$50!!!!  I wish you luck with your search, but I think that you might struggle...

An indicator stalk for the 75/90 is worth more than that :o
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Sheldon McIntosh

Apologies Gail, I didn't mean to sabotage your post, was merely trying to make a (very) small joke.   Geeze some people are touchy about their posts ::)

If I hear of a suitable car I'll let you know.  Actually, if I hear of a second suitable car I'll let you know. 

I don't like your chances, but good luck.  I went past Mille Miglia this week, he's got a 75 which has had a smash in the front, but looks driveable.  Might be worth giving him a call.

For a really cheap Alfa you might have to lower your sights to a 33/Sud.  Probably be faster round a paddock anyway, albeit less fun.

PS  If you find a cheap 90, I'll give you a good price for the drivers front quarter panel and/or the headlights ;)

pickitfences

i just bought an alfa 90 for $500 and i've never felt so lucky. i really dont think you'll find one under that price...

AR116

ATTN Gail,

I have an Alfa Romeo 75 2.5 v6 5 speed manual that i want to sell asap. The car is in good mechanical order and body is great. If you are interested notify me. The pictures are on the buy swap sell part of the forum.

alfaparts

Quote from: Angelo on March 07, 2008, 04:37:18 PM
ATTN Gail,

I have an Alfa Romeo 75 2.5 v6 5 speed manual that i want to sell asap. The car is in good mechanical order and body is great. If you are interested notify me. The pictures are on the buy swap sell part of the forum.

Hi Angelo, 
Thanks for your reply. I had a look at your car, it is lovely, but too good for what I need.
I'm looking for something unregistered to use as a dirt race car.
Good Luck with the sale. Regards, Gail