168/168 3.0litre Manual - Free to Alfisti Picking Up - Sydney Inner West

Started by John Wiltshire, December 16, 2013, 09:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Wiltshire

Hi Alfisti,

I have two 164s that have to go...

The first is a 1989 164/168.  It's a 3.0L V6, with the manual transmission.  This car was a daily driver for about 9 years, it was sidelined when I about a 164Q to replace it.  A house move had it out of the garage onto the street - not good, and it has been a testament to my lack of action for two years.

I have now earned one of those fluoro orange stickers from the council that says "move this or else".  They have given me three days, so it must go this time.  If necessary it will have to go to one those car recyclers, but I would much prefer that an Alfista had some use of it.  Details as follows:

- about 160,000km on the clock.
- White with blue velour interior and a set of Q wheels.
- Car is complete, few bits of missing trim, but all there.
- Engine will start with a battery and some fresh fuel
- Clutch cylinder is shot so it won's drive.
- Body is straight, paint patchy, and generally dirty from being outside.
- Interior is in good shape.

Not hiding the fact that this is a do-er upper or a parts car, but with the manual transmission it's still more interesting than the run-or-the-mill auto 164s.  And it's free because it needs to go quickly.

An interest please PM or email me.

The other car is a 1992 164Q with the Recaro interior.  Unregistered, and off the street, so not so urgent to shift, but it needs to go sooner rather than later.  Will post details separately.  Hoping to sell this one, but open to offers...

Many thanks,
John