2014 AROCA Sandown Sprint Round 1 on 2 February

Started by Neil Choi, December 13, 2013, 08:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Early notice for all.

Round 1 of AROCA Sprint in 2014 will be at Sandown on 2 February.

Entry form and Supp Regs will be available next week.

Sign up early before Christmas so you don't have to worry about it during the break.

Neil Choi

Entry and Supp Regs now attached.

Looking forward to your entry.

Regards
Neil

Neil Choi

Massive field for Sunday's sprint, first one for 2014 and will be going off.

Close to 40 Alfa's and Alfa members and the same in MX5's and other wonderfully built cars.

The usual mix of Alfetta GTV's, 105's, Giulia Supers, Giulietta TS, a Sud, a 90 and a great mix of modern Alfa's, 156 TS, GTA, 155 Turbo and a Giulietta 1750 turbo.

Spectators most welcome, free entry, just tell the security guard at the gate you are with the Alfa club.  Gates open 7am, action starts 9am until 5pm or when we have run out of cars to run.

See you all there.

Evan Bottcher

Huge thanks to all the officials, flaggies, and other volunteers who ran around in the heat yesterday.  The morning started cool-ish and foggy but the heat soon started to rise.  I have no idea how to describe the afternoon heat sitting in the Sud on the dummy grid, only made worse by watching Meng cooling his racing gloves in front of the air-conditioning vents of his 156!  But once on track it's all worth it and lots of fun.  Thanks again.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

bix

The last run of the day consisted of only me and Joe in his Alfetta, which was brilliant!
Thanks very much to all the volunteers, flaggies etc who were out there in the scorching sun to make another great sprint day!

Paul Gulliver

QuoteThe last run of the day consisted of only me and Joe in his Alfetta

That's a bloody outstanding effort from Joe and his Alfetta. I don't think there are to many sprint cars that survive their first  track day
without incident . Let alone one that's 30 years old on a 40 degree day.

It will be interesting to see how much faster it is going by the end of the year, you can bet it will be plenty.
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Joe Falcone

Thanks Paul.
The twinnys going in soon. Should be done and ready for Winton. Ran it
yesterday in standard form to see if it stayed in one piece and got around
the tight stuff ok.
1979 Alfetta GTV
1991 75 3.0 QV (potenziata)
2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio
2021 Stelvio Veloce

Meng

Thanks to all+volunteers for organising a perfect running day (minus the weather), nice to have a safe day out.  Evan, I wasn't going to use the A/C, but bixy inspired me  ;)
Alfa Romeo 156 GTA 3.2 V6