4 Point Harness

Started by alfagtv58, March 18, 2008, 10:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv58

Folks, I need a favour.  I need to borrow a 4 point harness (still in date) this weekend for the passenger seat.  Normally I dont run one at all, but this weekend I will have an instructor in the car with me.

Happy to come and pick it up.  You can reach me on 0408 573 596.

Ta.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Colin Byrne

shouldn't be a problem phill, you can borrow one of mine if you like, i've just got to check i still have the clip as i have my straps wrapped around the roll cage bar, but i'm pretty sure i know where it is, i'll give you a call tonight when i find it.
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

alfagtv58

1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Sheldon McIntosh

I've got a spare 3-point if you get stuck.

Car's all ready then?  When you heading up?   Enjoy the run down the mountain.  Gotta be the second best track in the world.

alfagtv58

Quote from: Sheldon Mcintosh on March 18, 2008, 04:13:07 PM
I've got a spare 3-point if you get stuck.

Car's all ready then?  When you heading up?   Enjoy the run down the mountain.  Gotta be the second best track in the world.

Car is ready, but really struggling to get a scrutineer to look at it to get it in the Targeted Scrutiny Programme (which it has to be for this event).  I have one more option up my sleeve, not sure what to do if that doesn't pan out........nothing like last minute!

Second best.....which is first in your opinion....I feel a debate coming on!
2009 159 JTS Ti

Brett

Sheldon McIntosh

Gary Pearce

I heard a well known Aussie at P.I. Historics who has competed on most international circuits worldwide over the last 40 years, rated (for Historic Racing) 1) Phillip Island, 2) Laguna Seca 3) Nurburgring and 4) Bathurst. It is interesting that you raise this topic.
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe

Sheldon McIntosh

Oh to be able to race all over the world and be able to rate the circuits like that....

Phillip Island is an incredible track, for me it was like an epiphany when I'd been watching racing there from NZ for 20 years or so, to suddenly be racing around it (well sprinting, but still an amazing experience).

It's quite possible that Monaco and the Nurburgring are not as good circuits, but I'd still give perfectly usable parts of my body to be able to race around those tracks.

Let alone Assen, Brno, Macau, Stelvio pass, etc, etc.....

It's nice to have an opinion from someone that's raced all over the world, good to know that PI is that highly regarded, but I like to think that "PI is possibly the best circuit in the world, but until I've tried Bathurst (and Nurburgring, Laguna Seca, Assen....etc) then I'll never REALLY know."

Lucky I've got another 50 years to find out.  I'll let you know my findings....

Be nice to hear from anyone that's been around the Nurburgring.  I've only done it on Playstation.

Scott Farquharson

Hey Phil, I only have a 6 point with the buckles on the crutch strap which means it can't work as a four point.

SF
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)