Break in and stolen racing car

Started by massiveluvbuddy67, December 23, 2013, 06:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massiveluvbuddy67

Fellow Alfisti and on-lookers,
Your help in retrieving this unique and special car back to it's owner would be appreciated.
I have reprinted contact details below.
Best Regards
Phil
Editor

Please read below:

Hi all,

The locks on the factory gates were cut and my trailer Rego Number T39795 containing my Rennmax Brabham was stolen last night from Rowville VIC.

Can you please keep an eye out for it and if you see it can you contact the Police or me on 0438438093.
Regards
Jay Bondini

Hi Team,

No news yet, but fantastic response from enthusiasts all round the place, many thanks. One thing though, the car wasn't mine as quite a number have assumed. It was Jay Bondinis. I just sent the emails because I have all the addresses. Jay's address - j-bondini@bigpond.com.au

Anyway, great idea to forward the message, it should be tough to move the car on to anyone who knows cars. Nice idea to post the details on your favourite forum too.
Regards
Grant

Brad M

06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

colcol

How friggin stupid would you to steal a race car thats logged booked and is unique, like what are you going to do, change the serial numbers and respray it and tell people you purchased off Gumtree, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

redsky

So glad it was found in one piece, not stripped or burnt.

Brad M

Quote from: colcol on January 08, 2014, 09:07:20 PM
How friggin stupid would you to steal a race car thats logged booked and is unique, like what are you going to do, change the serial numbers and respray it and tell people you purchased off Gumtree, Colin.

I think they were just looking for a good trailer, and probably didn't open it until after they had tucked away in their shed to paint it.

I think once they saw the race car in there, the stress level would of peaked. It took them 2 weeks to make sure they could dump it without being seen and without leaving finger prints.

Given the race car wasn't damaged, I suspect the trailer will be carrying the scumbag's car to a race track soon... just won't be painted white still.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

alfagtv58

Trailer was found dumped on Phillip Island just before Christmas.  Low down dirty dogs...
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Brad M

Quote from: alfagtv58 on January 10, 2014, 10:04:15 AM
Trailer was found dumped on Phillip Island just before Christmas.  Low down dirty dogs...

Then who moved house to Phillip Island before Christmas?

Scumbags couldn't hire a trailer, so steal one and trash the race car ... oh the (lack of) humanity. It makes me feel sick.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Neil Choi

Quote from: alfagtv58 link=topic=11757.msg72009#msg72009 date=1389t i308655

One shouldn't insult dogs, comparing these low down dirty THIEVES.

Repco Lad

Update on Rennmax for those interested

My understanding is that Jay's initial joy was short-lived, as car will require extensive repairs- basically a full rebuild again, having been driven to the point of destruction

Car appears to have been driven along a gravel road, taking a number of hits as it went. Chassis/ floor pan is bent, resulting in one side sitting up considerably higher than the other.

Wheels are bent and suspension is damaged- (wheels point towards each other).  Driveshafts etc are stuffed

Apparently there were indications that the car was being prepped to be painted

Engine was devoid of all cooling fluid when found and appears to have been cooked.

Whilst the chassis/ body damage is bad, it is the Repco engine that holds the most concern as not only are parts for it non-existent, it was an ex-Brabham himself engine. A strip down will reveal all.

One must ask the question as to why?

Darryl

Really sorry to hear about the damage. At least it still exists, but what a disappointing set of representatives of the human race to do that to something irreplaceable. I think you definitely owe the dogs of this world an apology  ;). Not sure what organism wouldn't be insulted - rat - no, flea - no,  maybe nearer to bubonic plague?

colcol

Police have charged a 33 year old man from Boronia with theft of the Renmax, and will front court in May, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]