Speedo and Selespeed

Started by davidald, February 02, 2014, 12:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidald

Hello. My 1999 156 has had a double fault. The speedo has stopped working and the car will not go above second gear? I have read in these forums about ABS related issues with the speedo but both the speedo and selspeed faults occurred simultaneously. Has anyone experienced this?
Thanks

gtv19

Hello Davidald, I dont know whether you are an AROCA SA member but why not join. Come along to our February meeting at Eurosport 7.00pm Thursday 6 Feb. Bring a chair and meet with our members. Pete (Club life member) owner of Eurosport may be able to assist with your problem or you can choose from our advertisers on the AROCA SA website.

Cheers,

Laurie.

VP AROCA SA
current,
alfa 3.2gt (q2)
159 2.4 Diesel Ti sportwagon
147 twinspark manual
past

105 spider (modified)
alfetta gtv twin spark
156 Ti selespeed x2
1.8gt`s 3 of
Alfetta sedan (sprint car)
105 series spiders(2)

davidald

Thanks for your reply Laurie. I did speak to Pete. The ABS was faulty hence no speedo, and the speed sensor in the ABS unit was faulty so the car did not know how fast it was going and would not change up past 2nd gear. My friend Victor ( who is now an Alfa expert and has a zillion parts) replaced the ABS unit for me and all is good.
The car is my wife's, I am a rev head and drive a new GT.

gtv19

Thor you to join the Club. thanks for getting back to me, happy to help. Now it seems essential that you to join the Club!
See www.alfaclubsa.org.au.

Cheers laurie
VP, AROCA SA
current,
alfa 3.2gt (q2)
159 2.4 Diesel Ti sportwagon
147 twinspark manual
past

105 spider (modified)
alfetta gtv twin spark
156 Ti selespeed x2
1.8gt`s 3 of