New candidate for ugliest car ever...

Started by Stuart Thomson, January 29, 2014, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuart Thomson

Yes, I had tried to forget the AU, sort of like a bloated Taurus, but not quite as ugly.

Cheers
Stu

colcol

What about the Leyland P76 then?, little lines and curves that don't do anything for it, was originally styled by Italian stylist Michelotti, and it looked quite good, and then Leyland fiddled with it and made it look...like a P76, Michelotti made no claim to it.
Michelotti was the Stylist for British Leyland's Triumph Marque, and he did the original TR-7, and they fiddled with it, and when Michelotti coped an eyefull at its debut, he was horrified with the gruesome crease down the side, and then walked around the other side and said that they have done it to both sides, yuk!, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Darryl

Quote from: colcol on January 30, 2014, 09:24:08 PM
I saw a Juke tonight, they are truly hideous from the front, like 2 cars sqaushed together.

Is it just me or does it look like a stratos that has been sandwiched in some sort of 'toon (or Plasticine - maybe it was left on the table after being scrunched up by a designer, and some committee put it into production)  nose to tail making it shorter, and higher, and bulging in the wrong places. Not sure how the row of spotties ended up being displaced to under the front bumper though?

Haven't seen one in the flesh, and maybe its just the paintjob of the last pic that put me in mind of the Stratos..

poohbah

Wash your mouth out Darryl!! Stratos and Juke are two words that should never be seen in the same sentence...

I have to confess that if money was no object, an original Stratos would be top of my shopping list, just for special occasions. It must still rank as the most gloriously outrageous bit of Italiana automotive extremism ever engineered.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)