Expressions of interest sort for a Driver Training Day for both non-motor sport

Started by Anthony Sharp, February 08, 2014, 05:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony Sharp

Expressions of interest are sort for a Driver Training Day for both non-motor sport members and motor sport members Winton - Saturday, 22 March 2014 Interested? Let us know ASAP!

Non- Motor Sport
The Club is planning a training day to help improve city and highway driving skills. Run in conjunction with the MX5 club, this will entail an evening theory session in Melbourne (date TBA) followed by four hours of practical training, practice and tests at Winton Raceway on Saturday, 22 March.
The training is aimed at members or their children who want to improve their everyday skills in a safe environment. Instruction will come from the Club's highly-skilled motor sport fraternity who know all there is to know about handling a car in every situation. ## Cost: $200/person (inc. both theory and practical sessions).
##Format: 8.30am for 9am start at Winton, through to 1pm.

Combination of driver/car dynamic theory, defensive driving "on-track" tests, and circuit laps behind a "safety car".

Motor Sport
We are looking to run a shorten program to 4 hours of training session, still with plenty of track time but highly condensed.  This will keep costs down and less stress on your car.  Then you can still stay and enter the Sunday sprint to put everything into practice.
We anticipate having two levels of training.
##Novice group for junior drivers or those just starting out.
##Advanced group for those with some experience and want to improve their lap times and wanting to go quicker with better skills without spending money on go fast bits.
We don't need payment now, but we do need a firm commitment  to determine if we have the numbers to proceed.  Full details will be advised later. Places are limited. Please forward your details to Neil Choi 0433 116 647 (preferably not during business hours)  compsec@alfaclubvic.org.au

s9810588

Hi Anthony.

Are the training sessions for AROCA paying members (and families) only or also open to regular participant of AROCA sprints?

Thanks
Kris

Neil Choi

Kris,

All are most welcome.

Tell me your interest and who you have in mind, you, partner, wife, teenage child, learner drivers etc etc, we have three groups going, so it will fit in with whatever level you and whoever want to participate in.

More information in another week or so.

Those reading, send me an email or contact me with Expression of Interest, so that I know the expected numbers and plan accordingly.

In all our past events, it is a great day with lots to experience.

Neil

Neil Choi

Following the running of this training day on 22 March, it is unlikely we will run another in the near future and possibly ever.  This is with a lot of regret.

Alfapride

Alfa 33 16v
Alfa 116 Giulietta
Alfa 116 Alfetta GTV
Alfa MY2004 147 TI
Alfa MY19 Giulia Veloce

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: Alfapride on March 07, 2014, 09:28:07 PM
hi there im interested in the driving course - where is it located?

Hi Alfapride, here are links to details and entry forms for the circuit training and defensive driver training days.   They are both going to be held at Winton Raceway in a couple of weeks time.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal