Changing the dash cluster - odometer readings

Started by jazig.k, February 21, 2014, 12:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jazig.k

Hi guys.

I'm currently waiting on a clutch balance, but I'm in the middle of a swap for transaxles between a 3lt and TS. To keep the speedo's working in both cars, without a Dakota Digital calibration box, I'm gonna just swap the signal box and the dash clusters over too. Problem is the odometer readings. The 3lt having 320,000 and the TS having ~250,000. The numbers don't bother me because I plan to keep both cars regardless, they could read 700K for all I care but under the new road worthy laws and rules I understand they take pictures of the odometer to catch out people altering readouts. I haven't had a canary since the new laws so only hear-say to me.

Anyone know anything about laws regarding changing odometers over?

colcol

I had a similar problem with the 33 with the speedo not working, and getting a new speedo with less klms than the old speedo.
To keep it simple and to keep your service records relevent, [ did i change the gearbox oil before or after the new speedo? ], change over the odometers or wind the odometer back or forward, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]