what job you do for living and supporting your AR cost?

Started by howe155, February 21, 2014, 02:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howe155

Dear Alfisti,

i am not sure if this is too personal but i am curious and also to prepare myself... Murphys law.... ;D

anyway we all know these bellas are very demanding and definitely the owner needs a job to keep her healthy. so my question is what are most of you folks do for a living? and how much your bella is spending on an average monthly basis?

thx for the sharing.
Past
MX3 V6 | 325CI | Accord LX | Civic LX | 155 TS 16V
Present
156 V6 Q | Toyota Wish MPV

lombardi

We are all membri dell'a Mafia, The differing factors are, Ndrangheta or la Camorra, take ar u picka, CIAO col fucile a mano, .. VIVA L'ITALIA
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Giulietta 2015 QV manual Ghiaccio

1974 Spider series 2 ,carabinieri blu

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
156 sportswagon manual red
Alfetta sportiva 1981 red
166 silver 1999

howe155

hahahha... ok ok....
bad example here... yes i should go first.

I am a Sr Thermal Mechanical Engineer for Intel currently residing in Malaysia. By Apr 1 2014 I will be in Melbourne hoping to PR for good.
I am driving a 156V6 Q System and my monthly averaging bill to keep her happy is approximately $1000 and $500 to keep me happy. I sure hope this doesn't apply in Melbourne. LOL

Worst nightmare is one of the dual fan died on me in the middle of traffic jam and i had to pull her over to a gas station to cool her down. and the other one is leaking radiator and i had to drive 200km to reliable Alfa service to change a new rad. along the way every 20 - 30 km i have to stop and refill water through the expansion tank.

The rest of the stories other than swiping my credit cards are sweet memories..... :D
Past
Present

Nate Dog

I think its a fair question.
Im a Nairobian Prince.
I have millions of dollars tied up in various mutual funds spread all throughout my glorious kingdom. I am looking at way of extracting them from my beloved yet somewhat corrupt, and if i have to be honest, totalitarian dictatorship ridden yet still lovely country.
If you would care to save yourself the pain of spending between $1000 and $500 per month on your bella, (I'm not sure if thats your car or your wife, we tend to marry ours, it may cost more in the long run, but sure beats hell out of ponnying up after every time you've done the deed, you should consider this) and instead transferred the money into my untraceable, non refundable, ponzi-esque scheme, i would be more than happy to share some of my newly freed up millions with you.

What say you my young impetuous friend?
Would you care to share in my Nairobian wealth?

Moderator, could we please close this thread? I don't see how any good would come of this. Maybe question Howe155 as to his motives too. My 2 cents.

howe155

Quote from: Nate Dog on February 21, 2014, 05:38:30 PM
I think its a fair question.
Im a Nairobian Prince.
I have millions of dollars tied up in various mutual funds spread all throughout my glorious kingdom. I am looking at way of extracting them from my beloved yet somewhat corrupt, and if i have to be honest, totalitarian dictatorship ridden yet still lovely country.
If you would care to save yourself the pain of spending between $1000 and $500 per month on your bella, (I'm not sure if thats your car or your wife, we tend to marry ours, it may cost more in the long run, but sure beats hell out of ponnying up after every time you've done the deed, you should consider this) and instead transferred the money into my untraceable, non refundable, ponzi-esque scheme, i would be more than happy to share some of my newly freed up millions with you.

What say you my young impetuous friend?
Would you care to share in my Nairobian wealth?

Moderator, could we please close this thread? I don't see how any good would come of this. Maybe question Howe155 as to his motives too. My 2 cents.

that would be a good way to start a friendship through forum..... as we all have one thing in common for the love of AR and owning one or more. in short i am trying to understand what profession (doctor? lawyer? plumber? chef?) would drive an AR.... that's all.

but if in anyway this question is offending and irrelevant yes pls close the thread and we chat on other topics so the friendship can continue...  ;)
Past
Present

aggie57

Quote from: howe155 on February 21, 2014, 04:59:15 PM
I am a Sr Thermal Mechanical Engineer for Intel......

Worst nightmare is one of the dual fan died on me in the middle of traffic jam...

That's funny!  Sitting at KLIA reading your post.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

howe155

Quote from: aggie57 on February 21, 2014, 07:52:20 PM

Worst nightmare is one of the dual fan died on me in the middle of traffic jam...

hello Aggie,  safe trip....
saw your sig... 14 alfas.... which one gave you best memories?

Past
Present

Evan Bottcher

Nope we can't.  I'm pretty sure the OP asked in good faith.  You might not feel like providing an answer, that's your own choice - you can just ignore the thread.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

extraball

Nate Dog

Quote from: Evan Bottcher on February 21, 2014, 08:36:36 PM

Nope we can't.  I'm pretty sure the OP asked in good faith.  You might not feel like providing an answer, that's your own choice - you can just ignore the thread.

Cool cool,
Happy to be wrong.

And not sure what you mean when you said not feel like providing and answer.

I gave an honest and truthful description of my situation ;)

aggie57

Quote from: howe155 on February 21, 2014, 08:13:57 PM
Quote from: aggie57 on February 21, 2014, 07:52:20 PM

hello Aggie,  safe trip....
saw your sig... 14 alfas.... which one gave you best memories?

Thanks. Got to Sing now. 40 minute flight. Lol!

Best memories?  Probably my two GTV6's. Great cars. But I've had my 105 GTV for 30'years so I guess it must mean something. But they've all been fun, even the rotten old ones. Like the Alfetta GT we built into a club car. Rusty, worn out, but a hoot and lots of great times with some great people.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

krysRAW = AROCA-Vic PR =

Gotta work 2 jobs to support my Alfa habit.

Well I make drugs to sell during the day...

.....and I'm a gigolo at night.

;)
2004 156 JTS 2.0 5-Spd Manual

MODS:
Tint
Stance SC7 19x8.5 Rims
Custom Sport Exhaust
Custom 90mm Cold Air Intake
SAAS Pod Filter
Wheel guards Rolled & Pumped
BC Adjustable BR(RS) coilovers
Front Tower Strut Brace
3" intake pipe

howe155

Quote from: krysRAW on March 20, 2014, 07:18:04 AM

Gotta work 2 jobs to support my Alfa habit.

Well I make drugs to sell during the day...

.....and I'm a gigolo at night.

;)

;D ;D ;D ;D glad that i asked this question....
to many its BS but i would say its a good laughing medicine and its free... just have to log on and read.
BTW good one krysRAW
Past
Present

ANG156

FACK ME if your car is costing you $500 - $1000 a month you might as well blow it up and claim it on insurance.

I have never spent this much on my cars, touch wood. BTW if you do the rego cost divided by 365 days a year in Victoria that gets you $712/365 = $1.95 a day in costs before you even turn the key.

Any car is expensive to run. Old Italian saying "Donne e motore, sono gioie e dolore" in english this translates to  women and cars are happiness and heartache.