159 Selespeed - Auto/D has stopped.

Started by Monza, January 23, 2013, 03:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monza

Hi guys,

My recently purchased 2.2 159's Selespeed has started grumbling this morning it won't active 'D' or its Automatic mode at all and will not gear down by itself.

I can drive it manually and I've booked it in to be looked at by Maranello Pur-Sang for next week.

Just wondering if there is something I can do from home? It feels like the computer is just not registering my selection....

Btw I absolutely love this car like my own child and after 15 years of driving Lpg Falcons this thing is like finding Nirvana ;D

Thanks

Mon

colcol

You live in Brunswick, take it to Marranello Pursang Motors at 33 Colebrook St, with these cars they need to be looked at by Service Providers who have the Alfa Diagnostic Computer, so that the faulty parts get replaced and not expensive parts replaced until the right one is eventually stumbled across, an LPG Falcon to Alfa Romeo 159, must be like going to another planet, you must join the Alfa Club and do a few events like a Sunday Cruise to the Peninsula on February the 3rd or the Driver training day at Winton in February, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Monza

Quote from: colcol on January 23, 2013, 10:05:11 PM
You live in Brunswick, take it to Marranello Pursang Motors at 33 Colebrook St, with these cars they need to be looked at by Service Providers who have the Alfa Diagnostic Computer, so that the faulty parts get replaced and not expensive parts replaced until the right one is eventually stumbled across, an LPG Falcon to Alfa Romeo 159, must be like going to another planet, you must join the Alfa Club and do a few events like a Sunday Cruise to the Peninsula on February the 3rd or the Driver training day at Winton in February, Colin.

Thanks I've got it booked in.

I'll definitely need to sort out an application shortly  8)

Meng

Might need a recalibration, clutch rod adjustment or both.  Either way, Maranello can sort you out (or if you had some tools and multiecuscan, you could do it yourself...)
Alfa Romeo 156 GTA 3.2 V6

Taieribeach

Hi,

How did you get on with the selespeed was it a major or just an adjustment?

Monza

Quote from: Taieribeach on February 10, 2013, 08:25:28 PM
Hi,

How did you get on with the selespeed was it a major or just an adjustment?

Had it reset and they picked up 4 errors on the computer which they corrected.

My wife picked it up tonight and said the customer service was exceptional btw. ;D

mjb156

I realise this is an old thread but just wondering if you know what the fault code was ? Iv had mine reset before and its been fine for about 1 month but now has come back.

Meng

Did you also do a clutch rod adjustment?
Alfa Romeo 156 GTA 3.2 V6

aletsix

I know this is an old post but I thought I might share the way I've fixed this with my 159 sele. It has happened to me twice and the first time I accidentally fixed it. Last week it happened again and couldn't get the D mode to work. What I did is drive the car for 10 mins then take it to a non busy street, then drive it from 1st to 2nd gear then with the car still moving let go of the accelerator and move the shift knob to neutral. Press the brakes to gradually come to stop and then bring the shift knob back to Drive mode. For some reason this appears to reset the selespeed system. Dunno why or how but it works, hope it works for anyone facing this problem as well.