Buying rims for spider gtv twin spark

Started by karlo, March 17, 2014, 11:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlo

Hi guys need some help... Wanting to buy some alloys for a 1998 gtv spider twin spark
Unsure if they will fit seller has no idea. Any help would be great..
Pic is attached

Cool Jesus

Big ask just off a photo? You need the pcd for the wheel lugs. Have the seller measure the centre distance between two furthest lugs (ie 1 & 3). That's your pcd measurement for 5 lug wheels and compare with the spider. Testing my memory here, but I think its 104 or 110 mm. What's the rim size, can't make it out off tyre in photo.

Of course, you're gonna have to paint your callipers now  8)
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

karlo

Yeh bit of a long shot I know...but seller can't give me much info at all..
17inch.

That's the link if it helps. I was told most alfa rims suit but again I don't know much about these things
That's why I'm here...

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/151255000106

Cool Jesus

'Most Alfa Rims suit" - famous last words Karlo. Alfas are built from the spare parts bins from previous models mate, but not always the same  ;D

Here's a link to wheel stud measurements and yeah, I guess apart from the 166 their all the same. I was off on my memory, the GTV/Spider's are 98mm. You'll see that not all 5 stud Alfas are the same, however you should be safe. Your saving grace with this sale is that its a pick-up only sale, so if the seller isn't forth coming with dimensions, don't pay until you pick up and confirm size. Sounds like the seller knows naught about Alfas from his minimal description.

http://www.carlsalter.com/alfa-romeo-wheel-fitments.html
Present:
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

Cool Jesus

I should have added that pcd is measured from the two furthest stud centres. So on a 5 stud measure from stud 1 to stud 3.
Present:
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

krysRAW = AROCA-Vic PR =

Karlo

If the seller can not answer your questions, seriously move on to someone else.

Wheels are not cheap enough in my books to be making guesses and mistakes on.

I've just bought new wheels for my 156 and if I can give you any advice:
1/ do you homework
2/ ask heaps of questions from the people you're looking to do business with. if they can't answer your questions and have no guarantees on their product fitment: move on.
3/ make sure you deal with someone that has had experience. The thing I love about my Alfa is also the thing that can be irritating: nothing is ever standard. And because of that, the last thing you want to be doing is dealing with people/businesses that only guess on what they're doing.
2004 156 JTS 2.0 5-Spd Manual

MODS:
Tint
Stance SC7 19x8.5 Rims
Custom Sport Exhaust
Custom 90mm Cold Air Intake
SAAS Pod Filter
Wheel guards Rolled & Pumped
BC Adjustable BR(RS) coilovers
Front Tower Strut Brace
3" intake pipe

Cool Jesus

Karlo, don't be too shy with the rims your looking at. Make sure you print off the description now, so that you can hold the seller to his condition of pay on pick up and after inspection. The inspection condition is important, because if you're not satisfied you aren't tied to the sale. Seller must be either niave or fair dinkum. Either way measure your pcd, then measure the rims. Also, check to make sure the tyres are at pressure. A flat tyre my indicate a cracked rim which isn't always obvious or visible to the eye. You could even take a portable air compressor, bucket, sponge and suds to check for leaks - a bit extreme, but the seller doesn't have a decent profile as yet.

As Krys has advised. It's easy to get burnt and the seller isn't a forum member. Otherwise the rims would have been on here.
Present:
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

ausalfista

Quote from: karlo on March 17, 2014, 11:50:10 AM
Hi guys need some help... Wanting to buy some alloys for a 1998 gtv spider twin spark
Unsure if they will fit seller has no idea. Any help would be great..

Hi Karlo,

Most wheel manufacturers have the wheel specs on the inside of the rim, usually on the back of the spokes.
It should have rim diameter & width, and should also show PCD & offset.

Ask the seller for close up photos of the inside & you should have your info.

Cheers
aa
Alfa, Porsche & Ducati's