Arna TI

Started by ale frowd, March 23, 2014, 12:07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ale frowd

Hi all just found an "all origiinal" Arna TI in an old garage looks like it has been off the road for about 15 years......regards Alex

Garibaldi

Alex, great find. Are you going to buy it? This is an important piece of Alfa Romeo history.

kartone

Yes great find, very rare, great pedigree ;D
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

redsky

I suppose here in Oz one could find a rusted out 33, an old grandpa spec Pulsar and some welding gear...

kartone

Just change the badge  8) The italian ad for the Arna stated: "e sei subito un alfista"  ... "you're instantly an alfista"
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

Garibaldi

What were they smoking when they made that statement? :o

John Hanslow

Sure it is original ?

There could be another 900 Series enthusiast out there besides Mr C. in Vic but why would you import a Nissan Pulsar (with an Alfa engine) from Europe ?

Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

aggie57

John - the poster named "south wales" as location rather than "new south wales".  wonder if he's just having a lend of everyone given so little information since, several posts here and on alfabb, and no pictures?
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

kartone

the Arnas may resemble nissan pulsars but the alfa engine, suspension and steering have been fine tuned for autostrada and the stelvio pass ;D
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

colcol

Alfa Romeo even modified the suspension pickup points for better handling than the standard Datsun Pulsar, to give more negative camber and caster, i beleive, but they rusted like an Alfa Romeo of that era, it must have been in the assembly and painting, as i think the panels were pressed in Japan, hopefully not with that rubbish Russian steel, that Mr. Andreotti purchased for Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia, i cannot imagine Nissan using crappy Russian Steel.
Knew of a distant relative in Italy who had an ARNA, and was pleased to see the end of it, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

kartone

Arna TI allegerita
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

LaStregaNera

Quote from: colcol on April 02, 2014, 03:44:40 PM
Alfa Romeo even modified the suspension pickup points for better handling than the standard Datsun Pulsar, to give more negative camber and caster, i beleive, but they rusted like an Alfa Romeo of that era, it must have been in the assembly and painting, as i think the panels were pressed in Japan, hopefully not with that rubbish Russian steel, that Mr. Andreotti purchased for Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia, i cannot imagine Nissan using crappy Russian Steel.
Knew of a distant relative in Italy who had an ARNA, and was pleased to see the end of it, Colin.
Year for year, Datsuns rust every inch as bad (if not worse!) as Alfas.
Datto 1600s and 240/260Zs are a perfect example.
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

aggie57

Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list