166 heater core replacement

Started by sud901, April 01, 2014, 08:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sud901

I'm doing some research before tackling this job, hopefully later this month.

I can't seem to find a clear answer about the aircon lines - Does anyone know if you can loosen the brackets for the lines to the evaporator or must the aircon be degassed and evap removed?

I have only had the aircon system gassed up so am trying to avoid doing this again.

alfagtv152

Hi sud901,
I have replaced the heater core in my 166 and it meant taking out everything between the fire wall/window glass and the inlet plenum including the false fire wall.I got someone to come and degas my air and regas it after refitting everything,the only thing you can try with the aircon guy is to say you should not have to pay for gas as he recovered yours.It is a big job!
SEE YOUR BACKSIDE TRACKSIDE.White 156 TI JTS,Silly Speed.

sud901

Yep, that's what I was afraid of... I forgot about the mobile aircon guys, I'll give that a go. Not too worried about it being a big job, it isn't my daily driver.

Do you have a workshop manual? For my XJ Cherokee you can download the official Jeep repair manual and it's excellent. I'm hoping there is something like that for the 166.

alfagtv152

I have the discs which are very good once you learn which one to look at and how to navigate the sections you want.
Cheers
Andrew
SEE YOUR BACKSIDE TRACKSIDE.White 156 TI JTS,Silly Speed.