Some people just don't deserve to drive nice cars...

Started by krysRAW = AROCA-Vic PR =, April 03, 2014, 09:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krysRAW = AROCA-Vic PR =

2004 156 JTS 2.0 5-Spd Manual

MODS:
Tint
Stance SC7 19x8.5 Rims
Custom Sport Exhaust
Custom 90mm Cold Air Intake
SAAS Pod Filter
Wheel guards Rolled & Pumped
BC Adjustable BR(RS) coilovers
Front Tower Strut Brace
3" intake pipe

Garibaldi

That may be but how stupid is the Mazda driver for pulling out in front of the Lambo. I see this sort of thing every day, people who aren't focusing on what is going on around them or they totally misjudge the speed of the approaching vehicle or just don't care and pull out anyway. ???

Nate Dog

Hi Krys,
No idea what you're talking about.
Mazda pulled out in front of him, not sure why you're blaming the 'knob head' in the aventador. No where to go, i've been cut off more times than i can count, luckily managed to stop or dodge each time, luckily being the operative word. Not sure why owner of Lambo is being abused by you.

Craig_m67

Couldn't agree more.. Make sure you don't Barry your JTS  :)

Having lived and driven in London, the traffic rarely gets above 30 leptons. It's also expected that people will cut into traffic (as it's going so slow) to ensure they can get on... People expect it and allow it.  The Lambo was doing far more than 35 leptons and in my opinion (not withstanding the evidence he had been a speeding Sloan street dick for days prior) is not only a complete and utter wanker, but is completely at fault.

No doubt he can afford it, hence the lack of a care.
Was made of plastic anywhoo
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

krysRAW = AROCA-Vic PR =

The Mazda does appear to come out of no where, but as Craig has indicated and the reason why I think the Lambo driver's a knob, is that it's quite obvious that he was going way too fast for that street.

Nate and Garibaldi, I absolutely agree that there are too many people out there who have some how obtained a license, who just pull out into oncoming traffic with no sense of how fast they're coming towards you. I can't stand those drivers. But in this situation, it's clearly the Lambo driver's speed that contributed to the accident. If he had been driving at the proper speed, he would have either seen the Mazda coming out and slowed down, or the Mazda theoretically could have entered traffic with disturbing the flow.

MODS:
Tint
Stance SC7 19x8.5 Rims
Custom Sport Exhaust
SAAS Pod Filter
Front Tower Strut Brace
3" intake pipe

krysRAW = AROCA-Vic PR =

MODS:
Tint
Stance SC7 19x8.5 Rims
Custom Sport Exhaust
SAAS Pod Filter
Front Tower Strut Brace
3" intake pipe

Nate Dog

The more self analysis I do the less I can justify picking and choosing which traffic laws I prefer people adhere to.
Having said that ^*%& 'em, obey traffic lights, stop signs, right of way, then no matter how fast people go there will be far fewer accidents. I serially speed (without prejudice, apparently, allegedly) yet always give way/stop at traffic lights/obey stop signs, etc...
In 18 years of driving I have been in precisely zero at fault accidents. Not to mention managed to dodge dozens, if not hundreds more by being observant of all the incompetent jackasses out there.
No matter how hard I try, I can't for the life of me bring myself to blame the Aventadore driver.
Sorry.
My 2 cents.

krysRAW = AROCA-Vic PR =

Quote from: Nate Dog on April 04, 2014, 10:37:23 AM
The more self analysis I do the less I can justify picking and choosing which traffic laws I prefer people adhere to.
Having said that ^*%& 'em, obey traffic lights, stop signs, right of way, then no matter how fast people go there will be far fewer accidents. I serially speed (without prejudice, apparently, allegedly) yet always give way/stop at traffic lights/obey stop signs, etc...
In 18 years of driving I have been in precisely zero at fault accidents. Not to mention managed to dodge dozens, if not hundreds more by being observant of all the incompetent jackasses out there.
No matter how hard I try, I can't for the life of me bring myself to blame the Aventadore driver.
Sorry.
My 2 cents.

Don't be sorry. I think there are definitely 2 sides to be seen in a situation like this and both have their rights and wrongs to them.

In the end, we're only seeing a small snippet of the actual event, and as human behaviour would have us do, we make our opinions on what we've seen and what our own experience have made us to believe.  :)

MODS:
Tint
Stance SC7 19x8.5 Rims
Custom Sport Exhaust
SAAS Pod Filter
Front Tower Strut Brace
3" intake pipe

poohbah

In my experience, it's not so much the Mazda drivers you have to watch out for, but those driving late model Camry/Aurions.

Now, I don't mean to offend anyone on here who for some reason is unfortunate enough to own one, but whenever I see a Camry appear I give it a wiiiiiiiiide berth... Sometimes I think that their mirrors are purely an accessory.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

Garibaldi

That's mainly because the people that buy Camrys and Aurions are old and their driving skills are diminishing. Trust me I know, I sell new Toyotas for a living. People often ask me if I get scared going for a test drive and mostly I don't but there are some older driver's out there that quite frankly shouldn't still be on the road. Mandatory testing after a certain age should be introduced to get these dangerous drivers off our roads. There is another group of people that buy Camrys and Aurions who aren't particularly old but still have very average driving skills but I am not going to discuss those as I will probably be accused of being racist.

krysRAW = AROCA-Vic PR =

Quote from: Garibaldi on April 07, 2014, 07:41:44 PM
There is another group of people that buy Camrys and Aurions who aren't particularly old but still have very average driving skills but I am not going to discuss those as I will probably be accused of being racist.

ASIANS!  ;D

It's ok Garibaldi, we're all thinking it. I'm Asian and I can't stand Asian drivers  >:( Driving through Springvale is always a nightmare and always in fear of my car. Don't even get me started on how anxious I get having to park my car in the parking lot of an Asian restaurant  :o

MODS:
Tint
Stance SC7 19x8.5 Rims
Custom Sport Exhaust
SAAS Pod Filter
Front Tower Strut Brace
3" intake pipe

poohbah

There also seems to be a subset of (slightly) younger Camry drivers, often in Sportivo/Aurion models, who race past to get ahead, pull in front of you and then slow down (to a slower pace than you were travelling) once they remember they actually driving the motoring equivalent of beige ...

Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

krysRAW = AROCA-Vic PR =

MODS:
Tint
Stance SC7 19x8.5 Rims
Custom Sport Exhaust
SAAS Pod Filter
Front Tower Strut Brace
3" intake pipe

Darryl

I am proud to report that for many years I've been scaring car owners and dealers on test drives. And I'm (hopefully) not of a "certain age" and not Asian, just a %@#* Anglo Alfa driver who likes to find out something more than whether the wiper blades need replacing (from an RACQ report) before buying a car.

Anyway, I find Asian drivers comments are quite ok - every Asian *driver* I've ever met complains about them far more than I do  :P

dansalfa

It's interesting how Garibaldi shared that itty bitty info about some oldies driving Camrys. I mean, I thought it was just a coincidence I kept seeing old people driving one, but now that Garibaldi has shared that info--I'm enlightened! Haha!

However, I must admit I like the Camry (don't own one though, but I might if I gave in to my whims). I actually like that they are wide, but sometimes it makes me think it might take up more space than necessary.