Phillip Island Videos

Started by Stephen Aarons, April 06, 2014, 11:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Aarons

My fastest lap of the day.

Well run day as usual, thanks to all those involved in making it happen!
1989 75 3.0 (Weekend Toy)
1982 GTV6 (Project)
        oo=v=oo
2001 156 (TS Cup Car)
2015 Nissan Navara (Daily drive/Tow car)

Nate Dog

Nice Phteven.

Whats the label FAN!! for ?
Manual rad fan needs switching on before run?

AikenDrum105

What a brilliant day !  Huge thanks to everyone involved in organising and running the day. 

I think Steve's "Fan!!" sticker is remind him to wave at his Dad on the way past.   ;D

Managed to knock a few seconds off my PB.   Tony and I had been discussing the importance of picturing yourself making that hot lap happen.   

It was either that or carrying about 20 km/h more into turn one, and a little more over the top at lukey.  Looking at how ordinary the lines are through a lot of the corners gives me hope there's another few seconds within easy reach  ;)

Here's my best session of the day, in which Tony and I trade places a few times, and we discover the Super is quicker through the corners than a Chrysler 300C with the loud pedal off ;P     Geez that thing steamed out of the corners though...

btw - the 'knock' value isn't knocking as such, it's mostly background noise which gets higher as rpm increases.  the couple of large spikes at low rpm off/on throttle events are possibly an odd ping though :)

MAT is air temp at the intakes and CLT is water temp
Scott
'66 Giulia Super 105.28.720988 TS+MS3+ITB+COP
'65 Giulia Sprint GT 105.04.753710
'04 156 JTS Sportwagon

Earlier follies...
'66 Duetto 105.05.710057
'85 GTV6
'71 1750 GTV

Nate Dog

Hi Aiken.
Ive yet to do a track day in a car. Having said that, i've done plenty on various motorbikes.
I found running the lap in your head when you had time to spare, weren't doing anything requiring any thought, was a good way to nock second off lap times, on subsequent visits, you find yourself carrying more corner speed.
So, learn the track, and then race it when not doing much else in your head.
Makes it that much more fun when you get there too :)

AikenDrum105

Thanks Nate - don't worry,  I picture myself down there racing all the time ;)   

Here's my last session for the day - we fired up a second camera for fun,  there's some great shots of Tim's Ricciardi destroying me in the corners.   

I had to retire early after the engine ingested something T1->T2 which squashed the spark plug electrodes flat.  We suspect some rubber, as the piston crown and valves check out ok - but jury still out on that.  *Pretty* sure it wasn't geese.    The perils of open intakes. 

The MS SD card filled up on the prior session, so no blinky lights in this one.

Cheers,

Scott.
Scott
'66 Giulia Super 105.28.720988 TS+MS3+ITB+COP
'65 Giulia Sprint GT 105.04.753710
'04 156 JTS Sportwagon

Earlier follies...
'66 Duetto 105.05.710057
'85 GTV6
'71 1750 GTV

tjb0274

Nice vids - glad Scott got some footage of me, because apparently I am too stupid to operate my GoPro correctly. Only been using it for three years...

Apologies to Michael Botti, who asked my at the end of the day if I had footage of our dice. I thought I did, but as it turns out, not so much  :'(

Well done to all the organisers and helpers - all ran very smoothly, especially given Neil's transport issues. Hope the tow car is up and running again, Neil!
Current:
1970/1990 Ricciardi-Alfa (track/occasional weekend car)
2003 147 GTA (daily driver)
1969 Lotus Europa (weekend toy)
2003 Peugeot 206gti (retired daily driver)

Past:
1971 1750 GTV
More Fiat 850s than I can count

Neil Choi

Well, a photo.

The one and only photo I took before the camera said "NO".

Evan Bottcher

I only took a couple...
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

myjohn

Quote from: AikenDrum105 on April 06, 2014, 06:42:26 PM
What a brilliant day !  Huge thanks to everyone involved in organising and running the day. 

I think Steve's "Fan!!" sticker is remind him to wave at his Dad on the way past.   ;D

Managed to knock a few seconds off my PB.   Tony and I had been discussing the importance of picturing yourself making that hot lap happen.   

It was either that or carrying about 20 km/h more into turn one, and a little more over the top at lukey.  Looking at how ordinary the lines are through a lot of the corners gives me hope there's another few seconds within easy reach  ;)

Here's my best session of the day, in which Tony and I trade places a few times, and we discover the Super is quicker through the corners than a Chrysler 300C with the loud pedal off ;P     Geez that thing steamed out of the corners though...

btw - the 'knock' value isn't knocking as such, it's mostly background noise which gets higher as rpm increases.  the couple of large spikes at low rpm off/on throttle events are possibly an odd ping though :)

MAT is air temp at the intakes and CLT is water temp

I like your race , cool .