Upgrade to GTA brakes

Started by Southern75, May 07, 2014, 06:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southern75

Has anyone done, or know of a brake upgrade of a non gta 147 to gta calipers and discs?

I hopped into a gta the other day which had standard brakes and couldn't believe the pedal feel.

I just feel that bakes aren't ideal with standard pads, and better pads it loses bite ...

I believe just about everything is the same except for the disc and perhaps the hose.

Is there an ABS remap or anything technical like that? I assume it will fit with my multispoke 17's ... there seems to be heaps of room.
Rust, nah that's not rust .... its iron oxide!!!

Alfas:
1977 Alfasud ti (race)
1980 Alfasud ti (race)
1987 75 V6 (toy)
2008 147 JDTM (sensible?)

Alfapride

I find the standard brakes on my 147ti more than satisfactory I have standard discs and pads unsure the brand but feel spot on in the wet or dry perhaps check to see your existing system is working correctly? I just changed pads on my alfetta gtv to bendix compared to a unknown prior brand and the response and feel is chalk and cheese hope that helps
Alfa 33 16v
Alfa 116 Giulietta
Alfa 116 Alfetta GTV
Alfa MY2004 147 TI
Alfa MY19 Giulia Veloce

Garibaldi

The brakes on my 147 Twin Spark work just fine under all conditions Unless you are traveling at speed all the time or racing I am not sure you need an upgrade. The 147 GTA has different brakes because it needs them. I tend to agree with Alfapride that maybe a change of compound is all that's required.  :-\

colcol

Why don't you take your brake pads out and deglaze them and bleed the brakes as well and while you are at it, see if your rotors are flat with no ridges, which can add to brake pedal travel, i beleive that the GTA struts are different to the standard 147-156 series, Colin,
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Craig_m67

GTA brakes are not plug and play (different hubs, uprights, half shafts, etc)

It can be done with other calipers though (166)
Start here for the answer to your actual question (post #157)

>>http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/tuning-and-upgrades/374293-156-brembo-upgrade-bracket-interest-thread-8.html
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)