Alfa Romeo 90 for sale

Started by smashingcraft, June 04, 2014, 07:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smashingcraft

This Alfa Romeo 90 is in superb condition and has a very interesting history.

The vehicle was professionally restored in the early 90's by a reputable repair shop in Hobart but due to a dispute in payment, the car sat in a warehouse for nearly 20 years until I purchased it in 2012. Because of this, the paintwork is like new and the interior is still in excellent condition. The odometer reads 45k but 145k is very likely the actual figure. The condition of the interior certainly supports this.

Since purchasing, I have engaged a local Alfa Romeo mechanic carry out the following:

Cam belt and tensioner
Front brake pads
Rear brake pads and rotors
Centre tail shaft donut
Injector seals
Full service including all filters, plugs, oil and coolant

The car drives very well and is quite economical but, when required, GTV6 performance is on tap. Unfortunately, the 2nd gear syncro is not the best when cold however once warm, gear changes are fine. The brakes are excellent, all switches and controls work including the 'star wars' dashboard and the unique green interior lights matched with the beige and grey interior make for a classic retro feel.

Period 15x7 Rial alloy wheels are fitted which were a dealer option in Europe and the original wheels are included in the sale and are in excellent condition. The tyres are near new Bridgestones.

The car comes complete with the 'in dash' briefcase, owners manual, fog light covers and will also be sold with many spare parts unique to this model including switches, interior lights, interior and exterior trim, seats and front and rear bumpers.

I have used the car sparingly and it has once again been garaged to preserve it's exceptional condition.

This is a very regretful sale but one too many classic Alfa Romeo's has resulted in a lack of car space.

I can assist with delivery to the mainland if required.

The car is advertised on carsales and gumtree with more photos

Please call 0408 868 831 for further details on to arrange an inspection. Asking $5600 ono

smashingcraft

more photos

smashingcraft

Price drop to $5200 and would consider a close offer