Bluetooth Amplifier - No head unit required. Stealth install for your old Alfa?

Started by jazig.k, July 04, 2014, 01:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jazig.k

Copy pasting from RE's facebook page because I think a few guys may be interested in this...

"this amplifier is 4x80Rms @4ohm or 120rms@2ohm, it also gives you the ability to utilize your existing head unit if you choose to connect your RCA Cables to the amplifier and the Bluetooth function is simply switchable via you connecting your Bluetooth device to it. As a huge positive to this amplifier it also contains a RCA output to connect to your monoblock so you can control your whole system from one easy Bluetooth application. Perfect for anything old school where you do not want to damage the originality of your vehicle!"

"And for those chasing price $479.99 and we are taking orders now"

The negative point! There is always one...
"You can use the volume direct from your phone"
Bring on those mobile while driving fines!

I don't know the company or make anything for sharing it. Just hand for the guys with old cars, since I see a fair few people complain about flashy headunits.

Evan Bottcher

Wow, that's really cute.  Might have to rethink the wired solution I had in mind for the GTV (whenever that project re-starts!).

I think this is the same thing - pictures look different though?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RE-AUDIO-BT-900-4-480W-RMS-4-CHANNEL-CAR-STEREO-BLUETOOTH-AMPLIFIER-AMP-BT900-4-/360966922049

Yeah shame about the volume control though - put your phone in a cradle and you're okay?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

jazig.k

Yep that's it. Look at the picture I posted, the black ends are on the box picture but not on the amp [removable I guess]
Even with a phone in a cradle I still think it's an offence.
I like the Idea of a simple gains knob that most mono block amps have to control the volume. Will probably be another brand with the same idea soon, with a better method of volume control. Still, the options are getting better for stealth!

Evan Bottcher

In Victoria you can absolutely use audio playback, GPS, and receive and make calls while the phone is in a cradle.

QuoteUsing a mobile phone while driving is prohibited, except to make or receive a phone call or to use its audio/music functions provided the phone:

-:- is secured in a commercially designed holder fixed to the vehicle,
or
-:- can be operated by the driver without touching any part of the phone.

Using a phone as a GPS while driving is prohibited unless it is secured in a commercially designed holder fixed to the vehicle.

All other functions (including video calls, texting and emailing) are prohibited.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

jazig.k

There you go, I didn't know, I thought it was just a no go for any use unless through hand free.